Highlighted

Factom: Portfolio for Jira case study Edited

Josh Frank Atlassian Team Apr 04, 2018

Recently, as part of a series of Portfolio for Jira case studies, we spoke with Carl DiClementi, Director of Product Management at Factom about how he uses Portfolio for Jira. In lieu of spreadsheets, Carl takes a unique approach with Portfolio for Jira to building and communicating plans. To plan for the quarter he creates a level of hierarchy above Epics, which he calls "Programs" and works with his engineering team to break down the "Programs" into smaller pieces of work. From there he uses Portfolio for Jira's scope table to massage the details and prioritization of the Epics and Stories for each Program. In order to communicate his plans with business stakeholders, he embeds Portfolio for Jira's schedule report into a Confluence page, which stays current even as plans change.

Read the full story here. Check out our series of Portfolio for Jira case studies to learn how other businesses are using the tool here

3 comments

Hi Josh.  Interesting read and good to know that other businesses are utilizing JIRA Portfolio.  I wanted to ask if there's ever a plan for JIRA Portfolio to support additional hierarchy between Epic and Stories?  

We have users who've come from using MS Team Foundation Server, which provides a hierarchy level of Epic > Feature > Story > Tasks/Subtasks.

While Portfolio offers hierarchy to build on top of Epics, there doesn't seem to be a way to build below.  Thoughts?

Roi Fine Atlassian Team Apr 08, 2018

Hi Ricky,

Thanks for your inquiry. Adding/customizing an issue hierarchy between epic to story is not in our short term roadmap. 

I created a feature suggestion ticket to capture the terminology gaps of scaled agile frameworks(and any customized solution) with the Atlassian product line.

We are prioritizing our roadmap constantly, please provide us further feedback on the ticket.

Cheers,

Hi @Josh Frank we are currently working on a project for Tokyo's Olympics during 2020 and we'd love to talk to you about how we are using JIRA Portfolio.

Claire Cook Atlassian Team Apr 18, 2018

@Rohan Rehman I oversee customer marketing at Atlassian and would LOVE to hear your story. What's your email? 

Hello Claire and I would LOVE to tell you! Use  rohan@actionindex.jp.

thank you.

Comment

Community showcase
Asked Jun 26, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

New Portfolio for Jira Getting Started Guide

We've just launched a brand new guide to help you get started with Portfolio for Jira.  This guide is a companion piece to our new demo. The guide walks you through use-cases, best practices an...

904 views 7 5
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you