Zabbix alerts are not acknowledged through OpsGenie Edge Connector (oec)

Belliveau_ John May 21, 2021

We have installed the OpsGenie WebHook integration with Zabbix, and the OpsGenie Edge Connector.

With this, Zabbix sends alerts to OpsGenie as it should, however alerts acknowledged in OpsGenie are not acknowled in Zabbix. In looking at the Activity Log for the alert in OpsGenie, I can see that the error seems to be originating from the actionExecutorForZabbix4.py script:

"/home/opsgenie/oec/scripts/actionExecutorForZabbix4.py", line 138, in <module> main() File "/home/opsgenie/oec/scripts/actionExecutorForZabbix4.py", line 109, in main "eventids": alert_response.json()['data']['details']['eventId'], KeyError: 'eventId'

I have opened a support case with Atlassian. Has anyone encountered/resolved this issue?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Justin Sitarz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2021

Hi John!

This is Justin, the engineer who worked on the original support ticket you opened - I just wanted to add an answer here, in case anyone else runs into a similar issue. 

The root problem here was due to a mixing of Opsgenie's provided integration and Zabbix' native Opsgenie notification method, outlined here:

https://www.zabbix.com/integrations/opsgenie

To use Opsgenie with OEC (which is required for full bi-directional communication), you'll want to be sure to use the notification method described here: 

https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/integrate-opsgenie-with-zabbix-plugin/#Opsgenie-Plugin-Configuration-in-Zabbix--for-Zabbix-version-3.2-and-above-

which triggers a script that sends to Opsgenie's Zabbix integration endpoint, and importantly includes the required 'eventId' property, which is used for the OEC integration. When using Zabbix' webhook notification method, the 'eventId' property is not included, thus breaking some of the functionality that allows us to make updates *back* to the source alert in Zabbix.

In the case here, once we added the notification action and command to use the provided script to send to Opsgenie, the full bi-directional flow did begin to work as expected. 

Having said that, if you (or anyone else) runs into a similar issue, please let me know!

Best, 

Justin

antonio.martinperez March 4, 2022

Hi Justin,

I have my Zabbix configure the same way as the link that you mentioned in the previous comment. It means using the "Opsgenie Zabbix plugin".

I am able to send the alerts from Zabbix toward Opsgenie but if I try to ack the alert from Opsgenie it doesn't acknowledge the alert in Zabbix. 

Could you please give me some steps to troubleshoot and be able to find the issue?

Thanks in advance,

Antonio

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events