Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Zabbix alerts are not acknowledged through OpsGenie Edge Connector (oec)

We have installed the OpsGenie WebHook integration with Zabbix, and the OpsGenie Edge Connector.

With this, Zabbix sends alerts to OpsGenie as it should, however alerts acknowledged in OpsGenie are not acknowled in Zabbix. In looking at the Activity Log for the alert in OpsGenie, I can see that the error seems to be originating from the actionExecutorForZabbix4.py script:

"/home/opsgenie/oec/scripts/actionExecutorForZabbix4.py", line 138, in <module> main() File "/home/opsgenie/oec/scripts/actionExecutorForZabbix4.py", line 109, in main "eventids": alert_response.json()['data']['details']['eventId'], KeyError: 'eventId'

I have opened a support case with Atlassian. Has anyone encountered/resolved this issue?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi John!

This is Justin, the engineer who worked on the original support ticket you opened - I just wanted to add an answer here, in case anyone else runs into a similar issue. 

The root problem here was due to a mixing of Opsgenie's provided integration and Zabbix' native Opsgenie notification method, outlined here:

https://www.zabbix.com/integrations/opsgenie

To use Opsgenie with OEC (which is required for full bi-directional communication), you'll want to be sure to use the notification method described here: 

https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/integrate-opsgenie-with-zabbix-plugin/#Opsgenie-Plugin-Configuration-in-Zabbix--for-Zabbix-version-3.2-and-above-

which triggers a script that sends to Opsgenie's Zabbix integration endpoint, and importantly includes the required 'eventId' property, which is used for the OEC integration. When using Zabbix' webhook notification method, the 'eventId' property is not included, thus breaking some of the functionality that allows us to make updates *back* to the source alert in Zabbix.

In the case here, once we added the notification action and command to use the provided script to send to Opsgenie, the full bi-directional flow did begin to work as expected. 

Having said that, if you (or anyone else) runs into a similar issue, please let me know!

Best, 

Justin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

How do I use Zebrium + Opsgenie for Root Cause Analysis (RCA)?

This article was co-authored by Gavin Cohen of Zebrium. Zebrium has a bi-directional integration with Opsgenie and is a machine learning solution for RCA.  We all know the drill. 💤 You'r...

305 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you