Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens to an OpsGenie user when they're removed from SSO?

Josiah Tillett July 31, 2022

I'm testing OpsGenie for use with a large enterprise that utilizes SSO. I've been unable to find any kind of documentation that describes what happens when I remove a user from my third-party SSO provider instead of within OpsGenie. Does the user get automatically removed from on-call schedules and teams? Or do they go inactive and need to be manually cleaned up?

Any kind of clarity into this would be much appreciated!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2022

Hi @Josiah Tillett ,

I believe the user would need to be removed from within Opsgenie even if they were removed from your SSO. And I believe they would remain active as well even if removed from SSO.

A user cannot be removed / deleted from Opsgenie until they are removed from any schedules and/or escalations they are configured in: https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/add-invite-update-and-delete-users/#Deleting-users

Removing them from schedules and escalations needs to be done manually, and by design so no workflows are interrupted or affected.

Josiah Tillett August 1, 2022

Is there any way to identify if a user has been removed from SSO without waiting the 90 days for their account to go inactive?

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2022

I don't believe there is unfortunately.

Josiah Tillett August 3, 2022

Alright, thanks anyways!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events