Opsgenie and Azure SSO (no option) - is this handled by Atlassian Auth now?

Dries Grobler Jr May 24, 2022

I got an email from Microsoft saying that I need to renew our certficate with Opsgenie. 

You’re receiving this notification because your email address is associated with Opsgenie.
The certificate used for single sign-on to Opsgenie is going to expire in 29 days on June 4, 2022 4:50 UTC. | |

Recommended action

We recommend you renew the certificate in Opsgenie before June 4, 2022 4:50 UTC to avoid downtime with single sign-on. Please follow the steps below.
1.In the Azure Portal, go to the Single sign-on page for Opsgenie.
2.In the SAML Signing Certificate section, click Create new certificate.
3.Choose a duration of up to 3 years, then click Save, then click OK.
4.Select Make new certificate active and click Save at the top. This will roll over your existing certificate to the newly created certificate.
5.Download the new certificate and upload it to Opsgenie.
Rolling the certificate in Azure Active Directory and configuring it in your app may cause single sign-on downtime. Please plan for potential downtime when performing the steps above. |

According to your docs, https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/configure-azure-active-directory-sso/ I should do the following: 

1. From your Opsgenie account, go to Settings > Login and SSO.

2. Select Azure Active Directory. You’ll see a list of instructions and empty fields to connect Azure with Opsgenie.

I don't have a "Login and SSO" option. 

I do have SAML configuration on Atlassian Admin (https://admin.atlassian.com/o/my-org-id/saml) - would this override Opsgenie's configuration when we merged the accounts? 

If yes, I can thus safely remove the SSO config for the Opgenie app within Azure AD?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2022

Hi @Dries Grobler Jr 

The Login and SSO tab is only available on standalone Opsgenie plans at this time. Under the JSM plans, SSO is not included. So yes - SSO / login would be managed on the Atlassian side and override the Opsgenie configuration.

Otherwise, if you are on a standalone Opsgenie plan, and do not see the Login and SSO tab under the Setting menu, then you do not have permission with your role.

Dries Grobler Jr May 26, 2022

We don't have a standalone Opsgenie. 

Thank you for the confirmation @Nick H !

Michael Sawyer October 6, 2022

The better question then...

WHEN will you support SSO through JSM? This is rediculous, we'll have to go back to PagerDuty if I can't provide my enterprise users with a mobile app for OpsGenie. Also, why didn't sales notify us of this terrible lack of features when they sold us JSM????

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events