Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsGenie Integration to Jira - surppress P3-P5 alerts during night hours.

Theis Joergensen March 30, 2022

Hi Community, 

I have an exiting use-case which i cannot figure out how to setup in OpsGenie

Currently i have 5 integrations creating alerts via a webhook to Jira. A C1 ticket in Jira generate a P1 in Opsgenie, C2 generate P2 and so forth. 

During normal working hours (07.30-15.30) alerts are routed to our operations team, outside these hours alerts are routed to our monitoring assistants team. 

image.png

Its working as expected and has been sufficient since launch. Now we have started 24/7 support and i need an option to add an additional rule. 

From 24.00-06.00, i would like OpsGenie only triggers notifications for P1 and P2, and not P3-P5 as it is normally. 

I have checked integration in OpsGenie and webhook in Jira to see if i could automatically disable P3-P5 integrations in this timespan but it doesn't seem to be possible. 

Anyone who have resolved this issue, or have an idea i can try?

Thanks in advance. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2022

Hi @Theis Joergensen ,

Notification policies should be able to help with the addition to this use case. You can delay / suppress notifications for after hours alerts that are P3-5.

Note that notification policies are only included in the Standard and Enterprise plans though. It might look something like this:

npp1.jpgnpp2.jpg

Theis Joergensen March 31, 2022

@Nick H Thanks for the swift reply. 

Unfortunately we only have the essentials plan. 

Looking at the routing rule video, it seems that this might also be possible using multiple routing rules? However, it seems like it's only possible to create one per team when having the essential plan, is this correct?

Stefan Draber March 31, 2022
Theis Joergensen March 31, 2022

@Stefan Draber Thanks, Stefan.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events