cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration between Opsgenie and Dynatace

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2021

Dear all,

we are evaluating the integration with opsgenie and dynatrace.
So far all is working ok but we have a question based on the Dynatrace Webhook v2 integration.

Does that integration is bidirectionnal ?

Meaning that in case we have an incoming Problem Alert from Dynatrace, does Acknowledging the opsgenie alert or closing the Alert is suppose to Ack or Close the alert also in Dynatrace ?

regards

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2021

Hi @serge calderara ,

Our integration with Dynatrace is not bi-directional. It only works for Dynatrace sending requests to Opsgenie, we are not able to send requests back to Dynatrace.

Thanks,

Samir

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2021

THnaks @Samir for clarification.

WHat could be the way to get a bi directionnal sync with opsgenie ? does a solution exist?

regards

Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2021

We don't currently offer a solution for bi-directional integration with Dynatrace. You could leverage Opsgenie Edge Connector (OEC), or a webhook integration, or Opsgenie Actions in Opsgenie to trigger a custom script to acknowledge/close alerts back in Dynatrace, but we don't have any sort of pre-built solution for this.

I believe we have a feature request for a bi-directional integration with Dynatrace.

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2021

hello @Samir , could you please point me out to the feature request link or a sample solution to ack back to dynatrace because this is something important to my customer and I need to show them the actuall existing feature on your side in order to have a time line plan

regards

Samir
Atlassian Team
July 12, 2021

Hi @serge calderara ,

Our feature requests for Opsgenie are not public facing, and we don't have an existing feature for this. I was suggesting that you could setup a custom solution as a workaround, this would require you to write a custom script, and use a webhook integration, OEC, or Opsgenie Actions to trigger this script, but we do not offer a solution to send acknowledgment/close back to Dynatrace.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events