Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incident-affected Team: Subscribe a service or become a Responder of that service?

Stefan Draber March 4, 2022

Hi all,

we have Team A, who's service A is always affected by incidents which occur on service B. Sometimes they have to be involved as they are part of the resolution process, sometimes they only need to be informed because their service is affected.

After some testing it seems to me that the alerting is pretty much the same, no matter whether Team A subscribes service B or whether they are set as responders in service B.

Which implementation would you choose and why? Are there any technical or processual "consequences" when choosing one or the other way?

Thanks and best regards,

Stefan

/edit: as far as I understand, service subscriptions are only featured in the Enterprise Plan. Is the option to be added as responder also possible in the Standard Plan? (as we're on Enterprise trial, I can't check it myself)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2022

Hi @Stefan Draber ,

"Which implementation would you choose and why? Are there any technical or processual 'consequences' when choosing one or the other way?" - There aren't really any consequences of using either. Like you mentioned, both work very similarly. But there is the limitation that service subscriptions are only featured in the Enterprise Plan.

Multiple responders can be added to a Service under the Standard plan - so that would be the best option under this plan. Bug again, either would work under the Enterprise plan as well. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events