Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I map/link the ticket from Jira to SolarWinds

Kumar Elumalai May 19, 2021

Hi Team,

We have configured the Jira to Solarwinds service desk integration. Now we want to link the new ticket/existing ticket to SolarWinds.

I have done more research to find the documentation but still, I am not getting the exact solution.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Kumar

+919551919713

1 answer

0 votes
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2021

Hi @Kumar Elumalai ,

Is this related to Opsgenie? If so - what exactly is the workflow?

Is SolarWinds creating an Opsgenie alert, and the alert is creating an issue is JSM?

More clarification would help us understand the issue so hopefully we can provide some suggestions!

Kumar Elumalai June 8, 2021

Hi @Nick H 

1) I want to create a ticket in Jira first then I want to link the ticket to SolarWinds.

Else

1) Create a ticket in Jira then send an email to 'ITHelpDesk@Solarwinds.com'. 

Both are possible?

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2021

Hi @Kumar Elumalai ,

Again, I'm not entirely sure if this is related to Opsgenie at all, or just Jira.

Opsgenie can sit in-between both Solarwinds and Jira as a bidirectional integration; meaning Solarwinds can create an Opsgenie alert, and that alert can create an issue in Jira. Bidirectional integrations allow data to be sent and processed both ways between Opsgenie and the other application.

https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/what-are-the-integration-types-and-actions/#hardBreak

Jira -> SolarWinds and SolarWinds -> Jira

Hi @Nick H , Is Opsgenie is inbuild one with Jira? If it is yes, kindly let me know how do we configure Opsgenie in Jira?

Nick H
Atlassian Team
June 8, 2021

Opsgenie is included with JSM plans, but it doesn't seem like what you need based on what you mentioned: Jira -> SolarWinds and SolarWinds -> Jira

Instead you might want to open a post with the Jira Community, since you have opened this with the Opsgenie Community.

This article might help (from a quick Google search): https://documentation.solarwinds.com/en/success_center/swsd/content/completeguidetoswsd/jira%20integration.htm

But again, I work primarily in Opsgenie and don't think I'll be much help with this.

-Nick

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events