Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to Open and Close alerts for connected/disconnected Devices.

Matthew Bock February 10, 2022

Hello,

I am trying to find out the best way to create alerts for our camera system we have. Currently i have opsgenie creating an alert if an email is sent from a specific email address, and the subject line matches "Unit Lost". I put in a Close alert filter that if by a particular amount of time another alert is sent with "Unit Connected" in the subject line to auto close that alert. Where i am struggling at is how OpsGenie will differentiate the alerts that come in if say i get 3 Unit losts come in and 2 of them connect back quickly but 1 doesn't. Since its only looking for the subject name Unit Connected, how will it know the correct alert to close. We have a lot of cameras so i don't want to have to create a single alert for every camera. Anyone have any similar setups they could perhaps share how they set there alerts up. 

1 answer

1 vote
Tom Russell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2022

Matt,

Is there a device ID you can pull from the email and put in the alias field? That's what we use to differentiate similar alerts from different systems/devices. Then add that alias match to your close alert filter.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events