Don’t miss critical alerts when your phone’s on silent!

Critical Alerts for the Opsgenie iOS app are here! The latest iOS mobile app version (3.4.2) offers an option to override Do not Disturb (DnD) or silent mode for mobile notifications. You can now put your phone on silent or DnD, without having to worry that you’ll miss important notifications.

To receive Critical Alert notifications on your iOS mobile device, follow these simple steps:

• Go to My profile -> Sounds from your Opsgenie app.
  • Turn on Allow Critical Alerts. 

step-1-2.png

• A pop-up message will inform you to turn on Critical Alerts from your device settings.     

step3.png

• Click Settings to go to device settings and select Opsgenie from the applications list.

• Select Notifications and turn on Allow Critical Alerts.

step-5.png

• Go back to Opsgenie app to activate this setting. You'll receive a success notification, and you'll see that the Allow Critical Alerts option in your Opsgenie settings is on.

step-6.png

To turn off Critical Alerts, toggle the button to off and go to your device settings to confirm.

When Critical Alerts notifications are turned on, push notifications will appear with a warning icon next to them. 

on-lock.png

Please note that this setting is enabled by device, so if you have multiple Opsgenie accounts on your phone, you'll receive notifications from all your Opsgenie accounts.

Let us know if you have any questions or feedback!

5 comments

Steve Loeppky (biglep) December 14, 2021

When using iPhone14,5 iOS 15.1.1 and software v3.5.0, when I use the hardware button to put my phone in silent, Ops Genie alerts don't make any noise even though I have critical alerts enabled.  

I do hear sound if I don't have the hardware silent button activated and my phone is in DnD.  Is this expected?

Like Matej Žerovnik likes this
Michael Gorelik December 25, 2021

This feature is broken on Android 11 Samsung s10 and others if opsgenie installed in work profile.

1. You can not set app special access dnd as work profile opsgenie does not appear in list.

2. You can trick system by installing home profile app but then ops genie screws up scheduled dnd by permanently putting phone in do not disturb mode. Hardly good option for anyone but especially for on call rotation users.

3. I can not use notification dnd route as opsgenie app in work profile does not handle it either. It only works in home profile.

If I was PO for the app I would be standing on my head trying fix this user experience. 

But judging by few support posts it has been known problem for over a year

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Opsgenie-questions/Opsgenie-Android-app-leaving-Do-Not-Disturb-on-constantly/qaq-p/1344089&ved=2ahUKEwiHz77gn__0AhWIlYkEHZ4mCnQQFnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3CtJunQdBnbWgfdCyKhoZ0

Matej Žerovnik December 31, 2021

Just link @Steve Loeppky (biglep) I have Iphone13,2, 15.1.1 and OpsGenie app v3.5.1 and critical alerts are not getting through when I use the hardware button to silence the phone. I just missed a few alerts tonight (we are still in testing phase), so I was notified by other means.

Ian Cervantez May 25, 2022

Been going a little crazy on this one, P5 informationals are coming across as critical alerts for some reason. 😩

Fernando Amado April 26, 2023

We are currently facing a similar issue.

Use case: Android devices on silent mode (tested with multiple devices) and an alert is triggered.

If we create an alert through the Opsgenie app, the volume settings are overwritten, as expected. But if we call our on duty phone number, without creating an alert, we do receive the call, but the volume settings are being kept in silent mode.

Our tests were done with versions 3.5.7 and with 3.6.0.

Any news on this topic?
Thx in advance.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events