Opsgenie Integration with Zabbix 5.4 and Above

Scott Hiemstra December 2, 2021

Would it be possible to get updated documentation to reflect the newer methods used by Zabbix to send alerts to Opsgenie and the required steps to make Opsgenie work together with newer versions of Zabbix.  I'm not sure if that would be with EOC or not but the methods described on the page below is not possible with new Zabbix releases, the screens no longer exist and operation calls to a custom script are no longer possible.

The steps on this page are no longer accurate for Zabbix 5.4 and above: https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/integrate-opsgenie-with-zabbix-plugin/

4 comments

shiemstra January 25, 2022

Any ideas on how to get a little traction with this?

Like Renni likes this
Renni July 5, 2022

Perhaps time for an update on this subject? Would be nice to get integration working. Not possible following current outdated documentation.

Michael Herman August 16, 2022

+1 The documentation is impossible to follow for current versions.

Rob VanFleet January 9, 2023

It's been over a year.  Could we get some kind of update on this or at least an acknowledgement that the plugin is not supported on later Zabbix versions?

Andrés Enrique Cárdenas March 13, 2023

I got it "working" but still no luck reflecting an acknowledge from Opsgenie in Zabbix. The documentation is horrible, but basically what's different is the following: (for anyone that's having trouble with this):

• Download and install the script on your Zabbix Server
  • You need to create a SCRIPT in Zabbix UI (Administration->Scripts), in Type select "Script", in commands paste the content from the file */home/opsgenie/oec/opsgenie-zabbix/actionCommand.txt and make sure to select to execute on "Zabbix server"
  • Create a new action (configuration->Actions->Trigger actions->create new action)
  • Set any conditions of your liking, then go to Operations tab, and in there add Operations and Recovery operations, in both choose in Operation the script that you just created. make sure to select "Current host". 
  • In your Zabbix server edit  /home/opsgenie/oec/conf/config.json to add the apiKey from the OpsGenie integration. 
  • on the SAME file from the step above, edit the "filepath" line where you see actionExecutor.py and change that for actionExecutorForZabbix4.py 
  •  You also NEED to configure OEC, which should have been installed with the plugin; Edit the file /etc/systemd/system/oec.service Following this.
  • In my case I had to change OEC_CONF_LOCAL_FILEPATH to have the value ~/oec/config.json as I'm on a Debian based server. 
  • lastly... stop and restart the OEC service:
    • sudo systemctl start oec
    • sudo systemctl stop oec
    • sudo systemctl restart oec
  • And that should make it work. You can edit the JSON conf file and .py Scripts to your liking as well. 
Andrés Enrique Cárdenas March 9, 2023

Zabbix 6.0 here, webhook provided by Zabbix "works", but trying to use this official plugin provided by Opsgenie has proved almost impossible, outdated guide. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events