waterfowl, trees, planes, barbq and balls - a short walk

Marc Siegel September 11, 2017

Downtown San Jose offers attractions to walkers. This is my favorite, intended for visitors to the SJ Convention Center.

The Guadeloupe River runs under the streets and overpasses of downtown. This time of year (mid-September) the river itself is just a trickle, yet still ducks frolic nearby your starting point #1 at convention center. 

The trail starts on Park Avenue #2, next to the giant Adobe build (usually with worthwhile art). You can walk down a bunch (40) of steps or take the ramp.

The surreal nature-underground quickly yields to a small park and then miles of tree lined paths to SJC airport and beyond. As a plane lover I love this walk. Go as far as you like, and consult the map below.

walk-map.png

Near the start is #5 Henry’s Hi-life, a restaurant/bar with 20th century saloon in front for drinks and delicious bar-b-que and baked potato in back. Legendary in San Jose where the walls have stories to tell.

Also nearby the conference is #4 Tech Museum machine. Balls, binging, dropping, swinging, kinetic and potential energy galore. Anything more I say would ruin it.

My wife and I live a mile away, at train station and The Alameda which is a burgeoning district. She runs an Airbnb and we are happy to answer any questions.
Yours, Marc (and Linda)
#AtlassianSummit

This photo is a view I took in winter, so your mileage this week will vary.

IMG_2987.jpg 

walk-start-top.pngwalk-start-bottom.png

walk-start-bottom.png

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events