Why are you attending Summit 2020?

Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 13, 2020

Summit is arguably the BIGGEST event for all Atlassians - professionally and sometimes on a personal level too. 

giphy

More often than not you have a set goal or a reason to attend. What brings you back year-on-year?

I can tell you mine.. I'm attending to learn more about the industry and people. This year, we have set some goals we want to achieve as a team (because this year's Summit is a team conference) and have a meeting the very next day to discuss our success! 

How about you? What are your goals you're looking to achieve for the Summit 2020! 

3 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2020

Great question @Poorvi Jhawar!

You are correct this year I do have a couple of goals. 

First, there are a couple of products Atlassian offers we aren't using today that we think might be useful so I want to learn more about them (Jira Service Desk being top of the list).

Second, I want to have the opportunity to hang out in the Community Lounge and meet face to face with a number of the awesome people here on the Community that I interact with on a regular basis.

Like # people like this
Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 14, 2020

Hi @Jimmy Seddon 

That sounds like a plan!

I would love to meet you and put a face to the name :) I'm sure @Kat Warner can help with this. 

Otherwise, you will find me stuck to the TechTime booth. 

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
January 14, 2020

Otherwise, you will find me enthusiastically evangelising three amazing apps at the TechTime booth. 

^^ Fixed that for you @Poorvi Jhawar 

If the layout is similar to last year, Bronze sponsors are quite near the Community Lounge which makes it easy to request visits via the Summit app. :)

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2020

Absolutely!  Send me a message and let me know what booth you guys are at I'd love to swing by!

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2020

1) Give a Summit Talk with my epic colleague Jefferson on “PTC’s best practices for collaborating with external parties: an IKEA Place story”

2) Represent the Rotterdam ACE as ACL!

3) Network with as many Atlassian Team and Users as possible

4) SWAG

5) Hang out with @Jimmy Seddon and @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ and play the "try not to get arrested whilst having MAJOR FUN" game 😉

Like # people like this
Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
January 14, 2020

Hi @Andy - PTC Redundant 

I really hope I can attend your talk! 

Love the numbered list. Hope you can achieve this and more. I might help you with #4, but rest is all you :P 

Hope to meet you at the Summit. 

Cheers

Poorvi

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2020

You will for SURE see me at Summit2020. I will be the one standing in line behind Jimmy waiting to give Kat a big ACL hug 🤩

In regards to the "and more"... I have to see just how busy my first ever Summit is, which is also my first ever trip to Vegas! But I would love a trip to Red Rock Canyon and/or the Hoover Damn.

I hope you can help me with #4! I am coming with a half empty bag. Hahaha!

Like # people like this
Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
January 15, 2020

@Andy - PTC Redundant 

It'll be my first visit to Vegas and the Summit! Your energy is almost infectious. I love your plans - I'm sure it will be such a fantastic trip. 

Looking forward to seeing you at our booth :) 

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
January 15, 2020

How big is the bag @Andy - PTC Redundant - I filled over 4 backpacks and that was after removing all packaging, rolling T-shirts and socks, etc to fit more in.

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2020

BIG..... @Kat Warner !! Curled up, I can fit into one half of the suitcase. 🤯

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2020

@Poorvi Jhawar YEY! We can be n00bs together!! 🤓🌟

Like Poorvi Jhawar likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 16, 2020

@Andy - PTC Redundant - I completely forgot about SWAG... i think because that's just a given at all times for me :D

Also, we may need to start the "Andy & Jimmy 2020 Summit Booth Tour" where we make the effort to visit all of our wonderful friends that have booths at the Summit!

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2020

My answer is too straightforward: work.

As part of the Vendor team, my Summits so far are mostly setting up a booth, making product demos, and talking to customers. Exhausting!

Last Summit, I wanted to pass the round and stay at the office, but the Community made things slight different! 

So, this time my main goal is to meet all of you, attend the Community Leaders events, of course, work (sigh), and survive all of this to spend an epic time with @Andy - PTC Redundant and @Jimmy Seddon, my partners in crime for Summit 2020 😎

And eat cookies.

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2020

Oh yes...

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
January 22, 2020

Right there with you @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ 

The Summit will be a lot of long intense workdays. It was becoming a Community Leader that made me want to attend Summit again even if it ramps up the intensity!

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2020

Atlassian Community is empowering the poor vendors to survive in their 4-day-long Summit Day.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events