Thoughts and Impressions on Team 2021

Events of Team/Summit Past  

I had the amazing privilege of being able to attend the 2019 Atlassian Summit in Las Vegas.  This was my first Summit experience.  I went there before I was a Community Leader (and really before I knew what the Community was), and also by myself.  I went outside my comfort zone and tried to be as social as possible, and it really paid off for me.  I met some wonderful people who helped make the Summit an amazing experience.   

The 2020 Summit should have proved to be a unique experience as well, as I had started being more active in the Online Community and had even joined the ranks of the Leaders program.  I was now familiar with people I interacted with regularly online, and that I knew were also going to be attending the Summit. I was looking forward to meeting these awesome people in person.  I think we all know that the 2020 Sumit was not what we had planned for it to be, but it was still a great experience even though it was a virtual one. 

Events of Team Present 

We all had an idea what to expect with Team 2021.  What I didn’t realize was how my perspective of what is important would change, when I also changed companies late last year.  For the longest time, I had been on a Server/cloud hybrid mix with a strong focus on the Source Control and Build/Deployment products.  Now, I had moved to a company that was 100% Cloud (Premium) with a far greater focus on Jira Software & Service Management as well as Confluence. 

I felt as though this year I was much more engaged in the keynotes than previous years and it felt like there was more sessions & demos I was interested in (and watched than ever before).   

I was also really impressed with the Team 2021 event platform.  I thought it did a great job of allowing me to discover the sessions I was interested in, providing relevant suggestions for me to consider and the learning paths were great at bundling sessions with a common theme together that I might not have considered on their own. 

The biggest take away I had from Team 2021, was that I need to keep an eye on “Point A”.  A number of the new products announced in the keynotes have piqued the interest of several directors & VPs at my company and I’m sure I will be asked to investigate more in the future. 

Events of Team Future 

At the end of Team 2021, it was announced that plans are in place for Team 2022 to return to an in-person event.  I am looking forward to this, not just because I need a reason to get out of my house.  But also, because I can’t state enough how amazing the in-person Summit experience is.  I plan to attend provided I’m in a state where I’m able to travel and my company will approve me being able to go.   

Until then, I’ll be counting down the days! 

7 comments

Comment

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

And i'm sure plenty of people will be counting down with you!

I hope to one day be able to join an in person Summit/Team myself should the logistics allow for it :) While I do think April 2022 is still a bit up in the air for a large in person event I hope I'm just being a bit pessimistic or not optimistic enough.

I do hope there will be Team22 online version as well as it does broaden the public that has access to all the great sessions.

But let's start a countdown and look towards sharing a drink in person in the near future!

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

I'm definitely looking ahead to in-person events. But @Jimmy Seddon those images are a perfection of the entire post.

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2021

Loving the Christmas Carol gifs throughout 😃

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2021

@Dirk Ronsmans - I know exactly what you mean, when I saw the announcement about it being in person next year this was my internal response:

@G subramanyam & @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_  - Thank you, it didn't start out with the Christmas Carol theme that just happened as I was making my way through writing it.  I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2021

Great article, @Jimmy Seddon . Thanks for sharing your stories! I'm so looking forward to Team 2022. :-)

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon - Great post I am excited to have Team (summit) in person again.  Hope to see you at Team 2022.

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2021

Next year I'll have to "Unwatch" the Team group on Community, as I went to sleep and woke up to +30 new thread email notifications (new article, new question, new discussion, etc.), which was a little overwhelming. 😅

overload.PNG

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events