Interest in an HR based solution based on JIRA Core

David Laperle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2019

Hi Atlassian summit people, 

i'm looking at building a showcase to preset to the summit board for 2020 regarding a custom application that we built to manage our HR processes from A to Z using JIRA Core and a few addons. 

The story would tell how we went from our previous HR system to this one and all the hurdles that we faced while doing so. 

I'm fairly confident it would cover some relevant info for anyone who wants to develop custom applications based on JIRA even if it's not an HR app.

Before kicking myself to built that showcase and sending it over to the summit crew, i'd like to see if that type of talk is something you would attend. 

The way i'm seeing the speak would be: 

1. What was the problem with our current solution?

2. How did we select JIRA Core + Custom Addon VS. the competition

3. What challenges we faced

4. How did we resolve those challenges via purchased addons and/or custom solutions

5. What were our key learning in this whole process

Please note that we're not looking at market this idea, and it's an internal solution and I simply think a lot of other JIRA admins could benefit from our learning. So this won't be a "please purchase Addon X and Y" type of talk, but we will explain why we selected some Addons. 

3 comments

Comment

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2019

We don't have our own development people, but I would find this interesting from the perspective of "how far can you actually take Jira".

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2019

Curious about a couple things - how large a base of users is your solution supporting, and is your solution something that could be done in Cloud? Of course, maybe you want to save all that for the presentation... :)

David Laperle
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2019

Well i can't leave you hanging until then! 

It's based on JIRA Server/Datacenter, not cloud support coming since we run a custom-built addon and there's no way to do that on Cloud (yet at least)

We support 600 users.

Like Darryl St_ Pierre likes this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2019

Hi @David Laperle - I believe it would play very well if you could get one of your HR staff to come co-present with you.  Have them discuss their situation before and after your solution sent into place and how it's made their department more productive.

Cheers, good luck, and well done!

David Laperle
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2019

that's a good point, sadly i haven't receive any news from Atlassian regarding this talk. So i'll continue to reach out to them. 

I believe HR would be interested in tagging along.

The call to speaker isn't very clear.

Anastasiia Kozaruk _SaaSJet_ August 16, 2021

Hi, @David Laperle 

I want to share our experience with you. We do not use HR Shared Services but store all information about our employees right in Jira using an additional add-on - HRM: Employee User Profile.

Try it now for free on Marketplace

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events