How to clean up your Atlassian suite (without losing your damn mind) is amazing!

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2020

Really enjoyed this talk, it does a fantastic job of translating  @Rachel Wright 's book into current versions of the products, and melds the concepts together with modern add-ons that can help build great method for not only "cleaning up", but actually maintaining a clean instance.

Great job @Alex Christensen !

5 comments

Comment

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2020

Thanks for the shoutout, @Jeff Tillett !

Like Jeff Tillett likes this
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2020

Yes, I enjoyed that one also, great job, @Alex Christensen 

Like # people like this
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2020

Appreciate you taking the time to watch, thanks very much!

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2020

Detected some of our own sins in your talk... - I know of them but always find a good reason to not touch them :-(   

Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2020

Great job on your Summit talk @Alex Christensen !  https://youtu.be/SaRIb08EjSc

I really enjoyed your analogy of inheriting an existing Jira instance to renovating a "new to you" house.  Lots of dirt and cracks in the foundation to address, for both, no doubt!

And congrats to your and your wife on the house!

Cheers,

Rachel Wight
Author, Jira Strategy Admin Workbook

Like # people like this
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2020

Thanks so much, @Rachel Wright - a very nice thing to hear from the person who literally wrote the book on draining the Jira swamp! :)

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2020

Great tips to remember. Fortunately, I got to build our Jira from the ground up, so we've been able to keep it lean. I could be a bit bias ... maybe. I'm sure whoever takes it over after me will curse me.

Like # people like this
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2020

Thanks, @Davin Studer - I, too, miss the Jira instances I've been able to build from scratch sometimes. Regardless, every day is an adventure and I always find something new about Jira to learn through these clean up processes! :)

Nidhi Gupta April 3, 2020

This was a great and very useful session for me. Very good tip & trick to remember!

Like Alex Christensen likes this
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2020

Thanks, @Nidhi Gupta !

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events