Atlassian Summit 2020, who's going?

Will Bove February 20, 2020

I just signed up, and this will be my first time (please be gentle) attending one of these summits, as it were.  First time in Vegas as well,  What should I expect from the summit? (not Vegas, I've heard about Vegas...)

6 comments

Comment

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2020

Hi @Will Bove,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Expect to learn a lot, pick sessions that you find interesting, the once you miss you can always watch later since all sessions are recorded. Take time to visit the Expo Hall and talk to vendors and come by the Community booth! Also take a look at this thread, https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Off-topic-discussions/Atlassian-Summit/td-p/1306547 

Like # people like this
Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 20, 2020

Hi @Will Bove 

It's my first to Summit, Vegas and USA :D 

I've got an article on what to expect at Summit 2020

There's an awesome article by @Jimmy Seddon on tips for first-timers https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Summit-articles/Tips-for-First-Time-Summit-Attendees/ba-p/1304068

The articles on Summit will have you covered  :)

Like # people like this
Will Bove February 21, 2020

Kia ora, Poorvi.  Looking forward to the summit.  Should be heaps of fun and informational.

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2020

@Poorvi Jhawar Not sure if I've already mentioned this, but, while I won't be at Summit, you should definitely stop by the Community Lounge and say hey to the rest of the team! Stephanie, Monique and Cassie will all be there, and they certainly love meeting our most engaged Community members. 😄

Like # people like this
Will Bove February 26, 2020

I'll do just that.  Thanks Erica.

Like Erica Moss likes this
Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 26, 2020

@Erica Moss It's a shame that I won't be able to meet you in-person. I will definitely pop-in to say hi! :) 

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2020

@Poorvi Jhawar Tell 'em I sent you! 😎

Like Poorvi Jhawar likes this
Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
February 26, 2020

@Erica Moss Hahaha done :D

Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2020

There will be a lot of information posted in the weeks leading up to Summit, and the Atlassian app (when it's updated) will help you schedule and track your sessions as well as communicate with others who share your interests.

As for Vegas, you're not supposed to hear anything about Vegas! What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas ;)

chrisbuttenham February 24, 2020

Hey @Will Bove ! Last year was my first Summit.. and I thought it was one of the best conferences I have ever been to—I'm sure you'll really enjoy.

Though, I'm quite familiar with Vegas; I've been visiting there from Canada every years since I was about 10! I decided to put together this no-bs guide for what to do in your spare time at Summit if it's of interest.

Hope it helps! :)

Like # people like this
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2020

@chrisbuttenham , thanks for this great guide!

Last year was also my first Summit, but also my first time in Sin City. I was not at all adventurous, but I'm hoping that's going to change this year.

Like chrisbuttenham likes this
chrisbuttenham February 27, 2020

Let me know if you check out any of the spots!!

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2020

Hello @Will Bove 

and welcome to the Atlassian Community! :)

@Poorvi Jhawar already pointed you to her awesome article. 

Keep an eye on the Summit website updates, make a list with talks that you are interested in, and use the Summit App - it's a must! There you can see what is going on around and make your schedule.

In events like Atlassian Summit is easy to get lost in so many activities :) 

Like # people like this

Great idea, it sounds like it's going to be a very eventful week.  Thanks, Teodora.  Hopefully you'll have a food booth there?  ;)

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 26, 2020

Haha it reminds me that the whole Summit is one giant food booth :)))

Like # people like this
Darryl St_ Pierre
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2020

And it's the Good Stuff!

Like # people like this

Great, one more reason to keep working on the ol' dad bod.  Perfect.

Will Bove March 5, 2020

Kinda bummed that the summit went tits up due to covid-19.  Better safe than sorry, I suppose.  Next year, guys? Hope to meet you all then.  Until then, wash your hands and don't touch your face!  Take care of yourselves.

Irina Sanikovich _StiltSoft_
Marketplace Partner
April 1, 2020

Hi everyone!

Atlassian Summit was always a great chance for Atlassian vendors all over the globe to meet our clients and Atlassian users in person.

This time we still have so many ways to stay connected!

That is why StiltSoft invites everyone to join our virtual booth and book a live demo where you can chat with us about Atlassian products and our apps: https://bit.ly/2X0mvtK

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events