Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Update field in external tool using ScriptRunner Cloud

Callum Carlile Community Leader Oct 05, 2020

Hi all,

I'm using ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud, and am wanting to update a field in an external tool when a Jira field is updated.

Each Jira issue is given a Custom field A value upon creation, a unique ID matching to a corresponding field with the same ID in the external system, and Custom field B, a single-select list field which is also present in the external system, which is given a value at some point during the workflow.

When Custom field B's value is changed in Jira, I would like a script to run which finds the task in the external system with the same unique ID in Custom field A, and copies across/updates the value given to Custom Field B.

My knowledge on scripting/ScriptRunner is very minimal, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Callum,

I believe this is the same question which you have raised here and I have answered this on your other question.

Thanks,

Kristian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Off-topic

Importance of Self Realization

Knowing who you are is very important. Life depends on how you define yourself. Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. — Oscar Wilde You might have seen come across quotes like: I am here fo...

310 views 2 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you