Smart Multi-row IFTTT Update Rule

dunick voltaire March 30, 2022

I was wondering how to Access the fields of a Smart multi-row and if you can use the IFTTT rule to Update the existing Smart multi-row? The problem that I’m having is that when I try to add more than one row and use the Update rule it does not show anything or when I update with one Row saved it will save the second row but does not show the output when I upload the form again?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2022

Hi

What exactly are you looking to achieve/do?

Smart multi-row in ConfiForms is the same as smart multi-row from the storage format perspective

And a comma separated list of UUIDs is expected if you want to set it from "outside" (including IFTTTs)

Alex

dunick voltaire March 30, 2022

Oh okay, but how would you call each row in smart multi-row in form (A) from form(B) which is being used as storage?
I want to know Confiforms IFTTT can be used to copy and update the user input from form(A) that is being used multi-row and if you can add more rows when updating?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2022

Sorry, I dont understand... do you want to update form B records that are referenced in form's A form via smart multi row field?

Using IFTTT to update records, https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Configuring+ConfiForms+IFTTT+actions+and+rules#ConfiguringConfiFormsIFTTTactionsandrules-UpdateConfiFormsEntriesbyFilter

And using "join+transform" functions

https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Virtual+functions

you can do something like this to create a "filter to update"

id:[entry.mymultirowfield.transform(id).join( OR id:)]

Alex

dunick voltaire March 31, 2022

Hi alex I created an example of what I want to do If you want to take a look.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Kj7br3soiAQE7wioEgqzM5Wb_7Yu002kVRJhMS1HIy8/edit 

So I first submit the form everything work even when I press update on the second row with id 6fg5 five the page loads up with the multi works view filled in but the moment I try to add a new row or have more than one row nothing is filled in as id 39ebd shows.

Image 1

queston2.png

image 2qeustion.png

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2022

Honestly, I am very puzzled by the configuration you have. To be direct - I dont get it at all. Sorry.

Something like this makes absolutely no sense, as most of the fields are managed by ConfiForms

createdBy=[entry.createdBy]&ownedBy=[entry.ownedBy]&recordId=[entry.recordId]&created=[entry.created]&dateCreatedFormatted=[entry.dateCreatedFormatted]&

And setting the multi-value field expects a comma separated list

Which means you need to provide a csv list of IDs as parameter

MC=[entry.MC.transform(id).asList]

Also, having a Render macro IFTTTs is something I dont get at all.

Alex

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events