Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I'm new and need guidance of requesting shrine-act-ca and shrine-act-stage

I'm setting up a shrine server, and I want to send my *.csr to the SHRINE Hub Admininstrator to request for the signed.crt, shrine-act-ca.crt, and shrine-act-stage.hms.harvard.edu.crt certs. 

Would you kindly show me how to do that? and once we received the *.crt from the shrine hub administrator, how do we test it to ensure it works?

Thanks in advanced!

Hiep

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Mar 16, 2020

Hi,

Your question is rather difficult for us to answer, but that seems to be because it does not appear to be about our (Atlassians) products directly.  Our Community site tries to address Atlassian products and the specifics questions and problems of using them.  I gather that this SHRINE project is using Bitbucket to host it's code, but that's about as much as I know about it.

I did come across a documentation space for using that product over in https://open.catalyst.harvard.edu/wiki/display/SHRINE/Using+a+Certificate+Authority+for+SHRINE#UsingaCertificateAuthorityforSHRINE-ForAllOtherNodes

That specific link seems to indicate that as long as your node is not a Hub admin, your steps would be to generate the keystore, then generate the CSR.   That document notes:

This should output a file called shrine-client.csr (feel free to pick another more descriptive name instead), which should then be sent off to the hub administrator. The hub administrator will review the CSR and respond with either approval or rejection

That guide has steps on how to do those steps, so that should help move things along. 

If that doesn't solve this, you might try https://open.catalyst.harvard.edu/wiki/display/SHRINE/Contact+Us instead.  Perhaps you can find the answers you are looking for there.

Cheers,

Andy

Thanks, Andy.  I have created the csr file.  Do you know how do I send off the csr to the hub administrator?

Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Mar 24, 2020

I'm not sure, but that Contact Us page I referenced previously has an email address on it that I would try asking instead.

Like cctsii2b2 likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Off-topic

🏸 Atlympic Event: Community!

Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! badges! fun!) please read...

916 views 31 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you