Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to insert videos to articles on Community?

Andrei Pisklenov _Actonic_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 30, 2021

Hi everyone,

I am trying to add a YouTube video to the article on Atlassian Community, copying HTML code from YouTube Share button (this one <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3AJsXMag6tE" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>) and insert it in the HTML code of the article, after that I see the error message "Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied" and this piece of code disappears.

Can anyone help me and say how to fix it? Thank you in advance.

2 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2021

Well I just did a test.. 

<p><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/D1aEvuRJMvw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture"></iframe></p>

community_youtube_01.png

and when showing preview it looks good 

community_youtube_02.png

not quite sure what you are doing wrong, but when I paste your code (the above one).. it is working also .. just later it is converted to this code

<p><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3AJsXMag6tE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen" title="YouTube video player" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture"></iframe></p> 

So maybe try the above one.. 

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 31, 2021

Hi @Mirek

Thank you for your help. Yes, I can see even my video in a preview mode, but after I click publish it shows the error message I mentioned above. Did you try to click publish for an experiment?

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2021

Hi @Andrei Pisklenov _Actonic_ , 

Actually I did not tried to publish. Probably it is a problem with new SPAM filter that was applied recently. I would try to check with someone from the community team, if this is the case. 

0 votes
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 1, 2021

Hi there! We are currently limiting video embed functionality to Atlassian staff and admins. We will let you know when this media type is more broadly available! 

Marketplace Partner
June 1, 2021

@Bridget thank you for your answer. I was asking because I saw that other members can do it somehow, for example, here How to clean up the noise in your Jira instance - Atlassian Community

As far as I understand this is not a staff member/admin, so maybe there are some ways to do that that we are not aware of?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events