Friday fun (belated): Music throwback edition

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2017

Hi, friends!

Since many of the U.S. folks were off Friday for the Thanksgiving holiday, I thought I'd kick off a little Friday fun on Monday to ease back into the work week. 😎

This past weekend, I traveled to Atlantic City, New Jersey, to see 98 Degrees perform live — for those not super familiar, it's a four-person boy band that rose to stardom during the Backstreet Boys and *NSYNC era in the late 90s/early 00s. Their choreography and overall stage presence was a bit lackluster, but it was fun to revisit some of their hits, which definitely took me back to that place and time.

98.jpg

So today's question is: What artist or entertainer of yesteryear would you love to see live? Similarly, have you been to a concert recently that made you feel super nostalgic? Share in the comments. 😄

4 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2017

There's a band I didn't see the first time round, but they did a tour about 10 years ago and ended up at a festival along with a load of other bands I wanted to see.

So, we went.  The main band came on stage and were fantastic, but the first thing Chrissy said to me was "Eh?  They're old men!". 

Given that their most famous track was released about a month before I was born.... yes, they're old.

But I'd go again, they were excellent.

0 votes
elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2020

I can honestly say that I've had the opportunity to see most of my favorite bands from my youth, and sadly many have passed away at this point, so it's hard to imagine a reunion. I never did get to see Tom Petty live though, and I'm sorry that I missed that opportunity. 

In the age of covid I haven't been to see a concert in over a year. I was planning to see Bikini Kill at Red Rocks this month, but it was canceled. I am excited to see the innovation that connects us to our favorite musicians, in whatever format may develop in the future though :)

0 votes
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 28, 2017

I used to love NKOTB but seeing them live today would probably just be depressing.

I wish Oingo Boingo would reunite for a concert. I saw their last concert ever (actually their last two concerts) and those shows were so great. I bet they'd still be amazing!

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2017

*googles Oingo Boingo*

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 28, 2017

You make me feel old, Mossy.

Here, rock out to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzEFLz_W2rw

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2017

I feel like I've learned a lot about you in this moment.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2017

Never heard this song before - sounds like B52's meets Public Image Limited 😄 - I like it

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 27, 2017

Hmm, I usually try to avoid concerts of long forgotten artists. They make me feel old and I prefer to keep the artist in mind as always young and goodlooking...

But, if Kate Bush would ever come to Germany again for a concert, I would try to get tickets...

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 27, 2017

It definitely has a tendency to make you feel old, I will agree. 😉

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2018

I have to modify my statement - next week I'll see a-ha in concert. They're back unplugged with an orchestra. Hope, I'm not feeling too old... 😄

Monique vdB
Community Manager
January 25, 2018

@Thomas Schlegel my husband would 100% be on board with a-ha unplugged. Too bad he doesn't live in Germany!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events