Friday fun (belated): Music throwback edition Edited

Erica Moss Community Manager Nov 27, 2017

Hi, friends!

Since many of the U.S. folks were off Friday for the Thanksgiving holiday, I thought I'd kick off a little Friday fun on Monday to ease back into the work week. 😎

This past weekend, I traveled to Atlantic City, New Jersey, to see 98 Degrees perform live — for those not super familiar, it's a four-person boy band that rose to stardom during the Backstreet Boys and *NSYNC era in the late 90s/early 00s. Their choreography and overall stage presence was a bit lackluster, but it was fun to revisit some of their hits, which definitely took me back to that place and time.

98.jpg

So today's question is: What artist or entertainer of yesteryear would you love to see live? Similarly, have you been to a concert recently that made you feel super nostalgic? Share in the comments. 😄

3 answers

1 vote

There's a band I didn't see the first time round, but they did a tour about 10 years ago and ended up at a festival along with a load of other bands I wanted to see.

So, we went.  The main band came on stage and were fantastic, but the first thing Chrissy said to me was "Eh?  They're old men!". 

Given that their most famous track was released about a month before I was born.... yes, they're old.

But I'd go again, they were excellent.

0 vote

Hmm, I usually try to avoid concerts of long forgotten artists. They make me feel old and I prefer to keep the artist in mind as always young and goodlooking...

But, if Kate Bush would ever come to Germany again for a concert, I would try to get tickets...

Erica Moss Community Manager Nov 27, 2017

It definitely has a tendency to make you feel old, I will agree. 😉

Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Jan 25, 2018

I have to modify my statement - next week I'll see a-ha in concert. They're back unplugged with an orchestra. Hope, I'm not feeling too old... 😄

@Thomas Schlegel my husband would 100% be on board with a-ha unplugged. Too bad he doesn't live in Germany!

0 vote

I used to love NKOTB but seeing them live today would probably just be depressing.

I wish Oingo Boingo would reunite for a concert. I saw their last concert ever (actually their last two concerts) and those shows were so great. I bet they'd still be amazing!

Erica Moss Community Manager Nov 28, 2017

*googles Oingo Boingo*

You make me feel old, Mossy.

Here, rock out to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzEFLz_W2rw

Erica Moss Community Manager Nov 28, 2017

I feel like I've learned a lot about you in this moment.

Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Nov 28, 2017

Never heard this song before - sounds like B52's meets Public Image Limited 😄 - I like it

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Ignacio Pulgar
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: What's your favorite quote?

Hi all! You've probably heard a lot of famous quotes: smart, hilarious, inspiring ones... Maybe some of them kind-of related to an Atlassian product? I really love those pieces of wisdom concentrat...

199 views 31 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot