Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computing Maximum Agreement Subtree of two unrooted phylogenetic trees with PhyloNet?

Virginia Ardévol May 6, 2021

I am using PhyloNet to compute the MAST of two unrooted binary phylogenetic trees but I am not getting the output that I should. I think the issue might be with the way I am writing the trees in the input, but  I don't know.

For example: if I input T1=((((1,5),6), (2,4)),3) and T2=((1,2), (((3,5),6),4)), the MAST returned is ((1,2),3), whereas if I draw the trees, I get the MAST ((3,6),(4,2)).

I think this might happen because somehow it assumes a root, but I have no idea how to fix it or if that is really the issue. Any guidelines for computing MASTs of unrooted trees are appreciated.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

I think you might have clicked on "help with Confluence" instead of "help with the things that are being written about in this Confluence installation"

You'll need to ask the authors of your documentation, not the Atlassian community (us) about this.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events