Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can this environment replace an MSAccess Database?

Anthony Geissler September 29, 2022

Not familiar with this environment. I have a heavily coded MSAccess database that is not currently web enabled.  Need to replace it as time is catching up to it. Currently running a typical split database configuration with all tables on one side and other components in a front end database. Accessing and manipulating data in the tables on a regular basis. Forms are free standing and only link to tables via code. Up to 15 users at a time accessing data. What do you think? Is this environment capable or is SQL server and Python the answer? Interested in all responses

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I am sorry, but I'm going to have to start with the basics.  MS Access is absolutely not a database.  It's a hideous half-arsed bodge that tries to pretend it is a database, but it really is not.

So, yes, replacing it with anything that might actually work as a database is a good idea.

But, Atlassian systems are not databases either.  They're services that try to meet specific needs.  So we need to ask you what you're actually trying to do with your data.  Issue tracking?  Documentation?  ITSM thingies?  Code reviews?  and so on.  Atlassian systems are good at what they do, but they're awful when your needs are not what they've been built for.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events