Can I delete my own questions?

Robert Horan
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
January 14, 2020

I can't find an option to do so.

1 answer

0 votes
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2020

@Robert Horan  No you can't delete questions from community!

Robert Horan
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
January 15, 2020

Can someone do this on my behalf then?

Like Fernando Bordallo likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2020

Community leaders can move them to another topic (we have an "off topic" category for stuff that really isn't Atlassian based, but we don't want to completely kill because it's an innocent mistake rather than spam or offensive).

There's a special topic of "removed posts" which we would use for stuff you want deleted - only Leaders and Atlassians can see posts in it (and they don't appear in feeds even when we can see them) and I think it gets cleaned out sometimes - stuff over a couple of months old is binned as pointless.  (Bit of time to move them back if there's a mistake)

Give one of us a pointer to what you want removed, and any one of us seeing the request will move it to removed for you.  (If you comment on the post, we might not be watching it, so we won't get the comment, and you'll be relying on a leader/atlassian seeing it.  If you comment here, @DPKJ and I will be mailed, so one of us will get it for you)

Like # people like this
Robert Horan
Solutions Partner
January 15, 2020

Thanks!  I wanted to delete this question:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Will-Atlassian-change-field-configuration-screen-so-it-won-t/qaq-p/1270920#M401341

I had originally tried to create this with my personal account but I mixed up browsers.

Like Emily Koch likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2020

I moved it to "removed",  but I didn't want to.

I's a damn good question with a good answer.  I don't want to remove it because the conversation might help others.

But it is yours and you don't want it to be public.  If I have got it right (please, check, and tell us), it's all private again.

Like # people like this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2020

Oh, if it's helpful then please move it back :)

Sorry, I thought maybe it was an inappropriate question at first.

Like Emily Koch likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events