Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your work/life balance hacks

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2021

For many of us, it's about a year into working from home. I'm seeing recollections of what everything felt like this time last year, photos from people's "last trip out", etc. I also recently saw an article here on Community about the "Stay Home Challenge" .

That all got me thinking. It's been quite a shift, but definitely long enough to establish a pattern, or two, or three. I've personally changed my workspaces 3 times and made several investments into a better desk setup.

Wearing pajamas all day was great at first but it definitely hurt more in the long run, so "just getting dressed for work" has been helpful for me to get going in the morning. What are some things you've found that made you feel better and more able to step away from "work" at the end of the work day? 

2 comments

Comment

Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2021

Hi @Daniel Eads 

For me it was hard at first, because of the drastic change of staying at home, not being able to go out and see my co-workers, friends, etc.

As time went by, I prepared a workspace to be more comfortable and comfortable.

For me it was also very comfortable to have a mix of clothes between pajamas and sports, but now after this time, I admit that I miss going back to the office, being able to see my colleagues and have a real coffee and not a virtual one.

Cheers

Like Daniel Eads likes this
Ann Hammer April 1, 2021

While I miss seeing folks at the office, I have really loved not commuting and fewer interruptions while trying to concentrate on work in the office. My group's use of Teams has really helped to keep things moving and keep us nimble.

But the number one work/life balance hack is being on a team who works 40 hours per week and no more. That ethic seems to come from the top down and I cannot recommend it highly enough. It's great to be trusted to get our work done when promised, and everyone is usually courteous with each other's time. Even when unforeseen things come up, as they do, our team is big enough that we can often shuffle projects. All of that means that we can log out and not think about work again til tomorrow.

Like Daniel Eads likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events