Working from home and office

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2020

Is anyone else struggling with doing both?

We're doing a mix, where needed, and I find it really difficult to switch between the two environments.  Any advice from anyone who has been doing this for a while?

Thanks in advance

3 comments

Comment

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 2, 2020

I don't have much in the way of advice but I feel this pain too.

Our team is using video in our Slack calls a lot more than ever before to help us all relate to everyone we are working with regardless of location.

It is tempting to push meetings out to days where as many as people as possible can be in the office together but we are challenging ourselves not to add these delays. Sharing screens and using collaboration tools like Confluence allow us to interact with each other and work information without being in the same room.

Like # people like this
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2020

Hello,  

We had a really popular thread go up back in March at the beginning of lockdown, that has a lot of really good advice on it that totally relates and definitely has some cross over for the Full remote suggestions in this thread to the partial remote work you are doing now:

Personally, before Lockdown we did remote work and office work interchangeably on the regular, and the thing that helped me out the most was to make a schedule and find a rhythm for the tasks that worked well in the office vs the tasks that worked well remote and commit to doing only those tasks in each location.

I also found it worked out well to spend a little more time working on the days I spent in the office, to get that additional face to face time with the various teams I work with, and balanced out the scheduling with reduced shifts while remote.

Hope this helps, and it's a great topic, I am interested to see the responses people have now while shifting back to a hybrid option compared to the earlier thread which was most popular during the full lockdown period.

Regards,
Earl

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2020

I have been doing it for years so it is not a huge change.  I like the freedom it provides me with my kids to give them an education in the outdoors.  Working from home allows us to go on small hikes during the summer and skiing during the winter.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events