Which social media platforms do you use the most, and why?

Jenn Riek
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2020

Hello! I'm Jenn from the Confluence Product Marketing team. We want to know which social media sites you use the most so we can bring you Confluence updates, tips, and tricks on platforms you already enjoy. 

20 comments

Comment

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 10, 2020

Personally, I would not want to see Confluence in my social media feeds other than LinkedIn.

Gotta have some separation between work and non-work.

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2020

SoMe Platforms I use the most and in order of frequency:

Instagram - Almost hourly. Very much geared towards my music and creativity. I would never follow Atlassian or Confluence on this.

Pinterest - Daily. Using it for creative/DIY ideas and jokes/memes. Almost hourly. I would never follow Atlassian or Confluence on this.

LinkedIn - Two to three times a week, especially if tagged or busy with ACE PR. I'm already following Atlassian and the Confluence Product page

Twitter - Once a week, especially if tagged. More if busy with ACE PR. I'm already following Atlassian and Confluence accounts

Facebook - if tagged by the missus on a funny post. I never go on it otherwise. "P.O.S"

Like # people like this
Deleted user December 11, 2020

Facebook - more interesting feed because of my friendliest. I have mixed work-related, general, and personal news on it.

Linkedin - checking business-related information, expanding the niche-specific network of contacts.

Like # people like this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2020

I use none, but I have LinkedIn account that I created just 6 months back :-)

Like Dave Liao likes this
Mateusz Sypula December 12, 2020

Mostly LinkedIn 

Like # people like this
Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2020

Twitter: work account and personal account. I follow Atlassian accounts through the work account and would appreciate more Confluence updates. 

I don't look for product updates on LinkedIn, and use Instagram only for non-work purposes.

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2020

@Jenn Riek - Does Atlassian Community count? Either way, I'm on Reddit and LinkedIn quite irregularly. I follow/lurk on Atlassian-related accounts on both those services.

I shut down my Twitter account (never used it much). So far, no one has tried to impersonate me on there, thankfully.

Like Rajesh Viswanathan likes this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2020

Professionally - LinkedIn and YouTube

Personally - Facebook and YouTube

Someone mentioned Reddit.  I read a perfect summation of Reddit recently - its as if the entire internet were copied and pasted into Notepad.

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 18, 2020

I love that summation of Reddit! Though Reddit posts now support formatting, I guess if the entire Internet was copied and pasted into Wordpad.

Or into a Confluence page. 👀

Like # people like this
Vinod Ramadoss
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 21, 2020

Linkedin - Access almost everyday, I value professional networking and read/follow posts to get to know new happenings around.

Rajesh Viswanathan
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 30, 2020

LinkedIn , i use it everyday to collect information and networking with new people , i use to see at-least 1 hrs daily.

Like # people like this
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 30, 2020

Reddit and Twitter would be my go to. 

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 31, 2020

I'm seeing a lot of very professional, upstanding replies here, which makes me think most of them are really not honest in terms of what people ACTUALLY use in real life, outside of work :)

Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 15, 2021

Maybe, because we participate in this discussion as a professionals and we can forget about another side of our life :) 

elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2021

Twitter for news and information and Instagram for inspiration and sharing daily life. 

Like # people like this
Subha S January 5, 2021

Linkedin is my tool for networking 

Spasoje Jesic January 5, 2021

Linkedin mostly for business, but I do not think that I would like to see this type of content on Twitter of Facebook..

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2021

Anyone who didn't reply with 'Atlassian Community' failed the test ;)

Like # people like this
Deleted user January 5, 2021

lol

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2021

I typically used Reddit & Instagram. (And since I just saw the comment from Rob...Atlassian Community) haha

Reddit I follow science and history and of course zoomies which ranges from Dog to Deer zoomies. 

Instagram I follow national geographic mostly and any of their photographers that do landscape photography. Of course, I have some friends there as well. Ah and Atlassian too! :p 

Like Rob Horan likes this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2021

I'm just going to come out and say I'd be curious to see how TikTok could be leveraged.

Show an office plastered with post-its while the 'oh no' song plays.

Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
October 15, 2021

My device statistics say it all :)

YouTube: for work (educational videos mostly), sometimes for personal usage (some tutorials mostly as well))

Instagram: for my photography passion and sharing moments with friends

Atlassian Community: every day usage :) 

Facebook: as Instagram plus fun content and some work related information and events tracking 

Reddit: work related questions 

Twitter: new from Atlassian

LinkedIn: networking and professional content

Pinterest: creative ideas and design

Like # people like this
toni linkaaa July 16, 2022

youtube.com is my fave place to learn through videos. I feel easy to watch videos related to my problem if I don't get any answer than I will search it on fb or google.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events