What sort of motivational materials do you read or listen to everyday?

brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2020

Someone said that the first 15 minutes of your day is important and dictates what your day will be. What is it?

There was a time in my life where I used to listen to these guys everyday for 2 years, it help me get through my job/day no matter how hard it is.

• Les Brown 
  • Tony Robbins
  • Jordan Peterson (12 Rules for Life)
  • Any motivational videos/mixed/compilation I can find in YouTube and I do it while working
  • Joe Rogan (I just recently been listening to this guy)

These guys made me who I am today, and I am so lucky I found them. I hope they can help you aswell.

10 comments

Comment

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 9, 2020

Great post, @brbojorque ! 

I really enjoy the Sam Harris meditation app, Waking Up. He has really great, bite-sized, guided meditations. 

Otherwise, I love to listen to the Daily podcast in the morning as I am making breakfast. A calming and informational ritual!

Like # people like this
brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2020

I did tried the app and it is really cool.

Thanks Bridget!

Celina Zamora July 9, 2020

Awesome post, @brbojorque !

So I generally start with a large glass of water, then have a cup of coffee while I do daily meditation using the Practice Co. app. and then do my workout. It helps ground me and put me in a good place spiritually and physically. 

Like # people like this
kerry tenberg July 9, 2020

Almost every day I meditate with the guidance of Ken WIlber "the most famous philosopher you've never heard of".  

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 10, 2020

Great topic @brbojorque!

I start my day walking the dog for about 45 minutes.  He needs the exercise (well we both do) but I also use that time to organize my thoughts and plan out what I need/want to get accomplished that day, both at work and at home.  Then, by the time I get back I have a structured plan I can execute on!  Which always starts with making breakfast ;)

Like # people like this
brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2020

I can't imagine my day without a good breakfast lol, anyhow I may have hear it wrong, I think it was the first 5 minutes that you hear when you wake up or something.

Thanks Jimmy!

Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2020

Nice topic @brbojorque , I love listening to Joe Rogans podcasts they are very inspirational and fun to listen to. I am not a morning person but the first thing I do when I wake up is take my dog on a long walk and while walking I listen to https://www.youtube.com/user/sadhguru

Like brbojorque likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2020

Very motivational post, I loved see what everyone shared so far! I wake up early take my dog for a walk, then go biking. I drink 3 glasses a water and have a big bowl of oatmeal with tons of healthy fixings. I love listening to the Goop podcast, as I am very focussed on health and wellbeing these days. I am also enjoying Greg McKeown (author of Essentialism)'s new podcast.

Like brbojorque likes this
Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 10, 2020

I enjoy The Accidental Creative podcast.

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 26, 2020

Hi @brbojorque ,

There are a lot of things I do regularly to stay motivated every day!

I always read articles from Medium or similar websites and it always motivates me whenever I solve an issue/problem of a user in the Atlassian Community!

Like Gonchik Tsymzhitov likes this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2021

I like to watch a motivated movies based on the real stories. 

• Moneyball,
  • Pay attention
  • The secret life of Walter Mitty
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2021

I love to interact with people here in this community, go through different blogs, articles and  podcasts try to adapt and apply them.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events