What is your "Adult" beverage of choice in the summer?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2020

Happy Friday once again!

@Jimmy Seddon is back once again filling in for your weekly dose of Friday Fun (and it's still Friday where I am for another 1.5 hours, so we're still good)!

One of the things I have grown quite fond of since there isn't much else to do during lock down is experimenting with "adult" beverages.

Being an avid video game player I discovered a fun website: The Drunken Moogle

Which has a catalog of recipes for various fun drinks to try and create.  I've had some fun with that, but I also have some "go to" items that I always enjoy in the summer time as well.

First, there is a local distillery a few blocks away from my house (I know dangerous right?) that makes both a really good rye and vodka (they are also making hand sanitizer right now which is really cool of them).

Dixons.jpg

I'm also a fan of ciders, and this is one of my absolute favorites:

Pommies.jpg

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, and I'd love to hear/learn what everyone else enjoys in the evenings or on the weekend!

Let me know in the comments!

16 comments

Comment

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2020

Couple of choices,

• Butter Milk (yes this is for adults :-) )
  • Beer
Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2020

During hot weather, I head for "cold and fizzy", which means:

Option 1: 

But I don't have a sweet tooth, so almost all fizzy drinks are a total waste of time for me.  I'll just about drink lemonade if there's no choice, and (rarely) a Dr Pepper because I have a taste for cyanide, but almost everything else is too sweet, and I revert to tap or soda water with a load of ice.  There are entire aisles in supermarkets that there is no point in me going down.

Since gin became a thing again though, I've found tonic works.  It's bitter or astringent enough.  Even without the gin, I'll drink cold tonic, sometimes with a splash of flavour from a cordial.

Option 2:

Beer.

Mostly the lighter, pale ales because, despite my English appreciation of "warm beer", the lighter and IPA style beers do work well when chilled.  Lagers I tend to find too sweet again, but I'm partial to the odd highly chilled stout or porter as well.

TLDR:  We have a "wine fridge".  It's 1/3 Prosecco for Chrissy, 1/3 paler beers and 1/3 Tonic

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2020

I like the idea of a drinks fridge very much, but it has been suggested I should use our cellar, ah well.

A good gin and tonic, we use concentrated lime juice which is excellent. Or even a vodka tonic. But I am getting to where I feel a need to try something different. A local restaurant is known for its Greektini cocktail made with ouzo. I may go down the path of trying everthing I can find with liquorice in it.

Claudiu Lionte
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2020

For me, it's by far the Aperol Spritz. Served with a lot of ice it's the best choice on a sunny afternoon.

Like # people like this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2020

Gordon's Pink Gin with Lemonade for sure <3

Gordon's Pink Gin

Miguel Jesus _Team Files_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 15, 2020

Porto Tónico is one of my favourite choices. It's like A Gin tonic but you use White Port instead, with some lemon and maybe some peppermint.

Like # people like this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 15, 2020

I admit, I'm a fan of frozen drinks :) Margaritas, daiquiris, pina coladas. Unfortunately I'm pretty lazy, so if I need an adult beverage, I usually default to cider. Thankfully, I live in Chicago, which has a lot of great local cideries. Right now I'm liking North Shore Cider's Never Say Never and Hey Jealousy, and Right Bee's Berry and Clementine.

Like # people like this
Miguel Jesus _Team Files_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 16, 2020

ciders <3 

Like # people like this
Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2020

Pineapple juice with Malibu (or some other coconut rum) on ice tastes close enough to Piña Colada, that makes it worth it to drink without having to break out the blender.

Like # people like this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2020

Ooh, I didn't know this! I may be drinking a lot more soon :)

Ferdinand van Zyl
Atlassian Team
June 16, 2020

A good ice cold South African cider on a warm day is my favorite. So my summer drink would be Savanna Dry when and if I can find it in the Netherlands:

Savanna Dry 330 ml - Apfel Cider aus Südafrika - 5% Alk. Vol ...

Like # people like this
Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2020

I like fruity drinks for the summer. My go to is, Malibu, Midori, Blue Curacao and pineapple juice.

Like Esther Strom likes this
PES Administrator June 19, 2020

meghna_singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 19, 2020
  1. Rum and coke forever

rum and coke.PNG

2. Frozen watermelon margarita

watermelon.PNG

3. Chilled beers

beer.PNG

Troy Dyer July 7, 2020

Frozen watermelon margarita looks like a drink I want to try!

Like Esther Strom likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 20, 2020

I know you don't like watermelon but I absolutely love it! Maybe if you try this you would like it:

Chrissy Teigen's Boozy Watermelon Slushie Is the Drink Your Summer Nights Deserve

download.jpg

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 20, 2020

@Jodi LeBlanc I'm always willing to try things once.  I have most of the ingredients and my wife does like watermelon so I might make a couple of these for us and she can consume them if they aren't my thing.

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2020

Ooh, yum. Going into my boozy drinks evernote notebook.

Pedro Hernandez June 26, 2020

G&T, always go with G&T :) 

Troy Dyer July 7, 2020

Coconut water is my staple for the summer!

Rosa M Fossi August 18, 2020

@Jimmy Seddon  

OMG I love moogles.  Been playing FF series since the original on nintendo (which I still own btw).  Thanks for sharing that link.

For adult bevs: I'm a huge fan of margaritas and tequila sunrises in the hot Texas summers.

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2021

I like cocktails with ice and fruits :) and vermouth as adult drink

image.png

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events