Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your fitness mantra? How do you keep yourself fit?

Viewing page 2 of 2

36 comments

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Post a new discussion

sanchay shrivastava November 8, 2019

I go for jogging 3-4 times a week and play cricket as a hobby

Like # people like this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2019

I was just thinking that no one mentioned cricket till now and finally we have your comment :-)

Like Panos Kouvelis likes this
koba47 November 8, 2019

I strictly hit the gym 6 days in a week. I keep varying the exercise for each body part so as to not feel bored following the same set everyday

Like Deepanshu Natani likes this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2019

6 Days a week is really great!

Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2019

I'm lucky that I can use my commute for exercise by cycling to work. Otherwise, I definitely find it a challenge to add exercise to an already full day. 

My workplace also encourages us to keep moving, so there are opportunities to have walking meetings, or go on hikes during lunch.

Like # people like this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 9, 2019

This is really cool. Here in Delhi, we have a bit harsh weather (warm mostly) which makes it difficult to commute by cycle. Where do you live?

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2019

Sometimes I go to play golf, but unfortunately I don't have much time to do more for myself than to walk to work in the morning.

Like # people like this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2019

@Pavel JunekHappy to e-meet you :-)

Panos Kouvelis November 20, 2019

I try to keep it balanced in all sectors of my existence.

Martial arts 3 times a week, with some added cardio for the health benefits.

Self dialog for 20 minutes following a quick nap for around 25 minutes at noon. Even on my desk.

Measuring my caloric intake and a personally developed intermittent fasting cycle.

Quality time with someone I love being with to my core per day, or if not, just relax with a good movie or book.

I have no weekends and no specific vacation time. I take my quality time when I feel to and have the ability. Actually I usually don't care what day of the week is. Usually I take some time off, around 7-15 days per 2-3 months depending on various factors. The time off can be even for a new project, I don't separate work and fun as I do sound design form the day I remember myself and for me it's the ultimate fun. Sometimes I get tired and want to rest my ears and brain, then I try to visit sea with a mountain near by.

Also, when on vacation, self dialog, working, sleeping, eating breakfast, etc, I keep all digital notifications closed. My crew and partners know my cell number for something urgent.

I try to keep a low information diet, I don't chase every piece of news or information out there. I believe that bad news travel fast and the being pro-active is useful only for matters that we can easily follow nowadays.

I didn't start all those habit and rituals at once, or had them in my life all together from the beginning. Those are things I collected along the way and added on my lifestyle as an experiment, and was compatible with me.

Like # people like this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 25, 2019

You are actually living a near perfect life :-)

Like Panos Kouvelis likes this
Panos Kouvelis November 25, 2019

Thank you @Deepanshu Natani, I try to live an elegant one, it's based on accumulating various practices that I saw having good results upon myself and those around me.

This thread is very pleasing for me to read, there is so much diversity on what people do, it's always fresh to read community threads like this one. Thanks for igniting it :-)

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2020

You are welcome @Panos Kouvelis :-)

For me also its really pleasing to read how everyone in our community is doing so many things and in so many different ways.

Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2020

General fitness is my personal medicine. I've been through several severe injuries over time and have reached a point where I had to stop all competitive-level training I was into and focus on keeping fit. To me that is:

- pilates twice a weeks

- morning and night stretches

- general HIIT training sessions once or twice a week.

Works wonders. It keeps me active, happy and I haven't been healthier (injury free)

Like # people like this
Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

@Fernando Bordallo have you tried Yoga at the office yet?  I need to go sometime!

Like # people like this
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
January 13, 2020

It's next on the list. I've done all the circuit training sessions, boxing, pilates, kettle bells, TRX, ...

Like # people like this
Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
January 13, 2020

Awesome!  I always have excuses to not wake up early and go to the gym before work.  Maybe this will help inspire me!

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2020

@Tim KeyesYou can go to the gym even after work :-P

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2020

@Fernando BordalloYoga is the next level, try it. You will really feel at peace and much more healthier :-)

Like Fernando Bordallo likes this
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
January 15, 2020

I'll have to try ;)

Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
January 13, 2020

I really enjoy going on short to medium range hikes with my wife.  We often go on hikes on the Austin Green Belt which is a couple of miles from downtown Austin.  I especially liked hiking to Nocelle in Italy and the Pipiwai trail in Hawaii last year.

Like # people like this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2020

This is cool @Tim Keyes 

Do share some of the pics :-)

Like Fernando Bordallo likes this
Peter Jessen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2020

Tri(athlon) or die!

Like # people like this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2020

Wow!

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2020

Wowx3! :D

Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2020

Can someone Guide me on Fitness , I have been hitting Gym for 4th month in a row. But not shedding any pounds ☹️

-Sri

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2020

Wow, It usually takes a long time to see some results @Sri Kumar :)

The workouts are just 50% of the work; you should be mindful of your food, your sleep, and your recovery. If you train hard, but at the same time your calories are not deficient, the scale may stay the same for some time. 

Also, you need to build a decent amount of muscle mass to start burning more calories in your inactive time (this doesn't mean get bulky, but change your body composition a bit).

I suggest you do some research, count some calories, eat the right foods and sleep enough :) And the most important: be patient. It takes time, but it worth every second of it. 

Like # people like this
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 26, 2020

Thank you @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ 

Yeah doing some research on the same 😁

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2020

Hi @Sri Kumar ,

The following points may be helpful to you:

1. Track your diet. Track everything you eat. You can use apps like My Fitness Pal. This will help you in counting calories as well as the amount of Protein, fat, carbs, etc that you intake.
  2. Eat healthy: Cut down on outside food, increase protein intake (include sprouts, pulses,etc in your diet). Cut down on fat intake (have less oil, ghee, butter, etc). Increase intake of fruits, green leafy veggies.
  3. Track your gym routine: Try hitting the gym at some fixed time, check you are not just doing weight training and losing on Cardio.
  4. Sleep: Take proper sleep (6-8 hrs)

All the best for your fitness journey :-)

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2020

Great advice @Deepanshu Natani :)

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2020

@Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_These points were just extension to what you already suggested :-)

Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2020

@Deepanshu Natani 

Thank you soo much :) .Will try things one by one. 

-Sri

Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
February 6, 2020

For me the key was building a gym in my house. In fact, it is right next to my home office. There is never an excuse to not take a quick gym break at least once during the day. Overall, I think it also saves money over a gym membership for the entire family. 

Like # people like this
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 7, 2020

Wow! you have your own gym!! This is awesome.

Can you share a picture of your home gym?

Community Leader
Community Leader
February 7, 2020

Wow wow wow! Waiting for the photo!

Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
February 7, 2020

"One year from now, you'll wish you started today"

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Post a new discussion

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events