What is fulfilling in your job?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2020

Good day Community Members,

By nature I am curious, however in the limits 😊

I guess by being members of the Atlassian Community we all have in common Atlassian Tools usage either as Administrators, Projects Managers, End Users,....and the list goes on.

Beside your salary (which I assume we all wouldn't stick to the same job if we are not making the money we want). What are other things that make your job exciting? In other words what are the reasons behind getting up in the morning and going to work(Don't forget I am assuming you are making the money you want)? 

From my end, I will say I look for a stable company (not that many layoffs over the years), and lot of learning. I can not be admin, DB developer, DevOp,....however since I deal with different teams in my job as an Application Administrator, I am always looking to learn from their expertise so that I can advance either with same company or another one if no room for advancements. By career advancement I don't mean becoming a Manager, Director,...Career advancements can be in other ways. 

Then come the challenges. I enjoy tasks that make me stay up in the night trying to figure out a solution (of course as long as there is no customer waiting 😱) either at the User Interface or host level. I know that we will always have some repetitive tasks in our daily work. It is expected and normal.

I would love to read what makes you jump off the bed and ready for your new workday. What do you love the most about you job?

Have a great day everyone!

Best,

Fadoua

I love my job.jpg

8 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2020

Great question @Fadoua!

I have been at my current company for nearly 8 years.  There are two extremely important factors that have kept me where I am for as long as I have been there and will likely keep me there for many years to come as long as these two requirements are always met.

1) I am a life long learner, which means I constantly need new challenges to be a part of what I do that may come in the form of investigating new technologies we should start to use to solve some of our business challenges.

2) I need to know that my opinions and concerns are important to our management.  I don't need an immediate solution to every thing I raise, but if I'm concerned about something I want to know that they are putting plans in place to avoid the problems are prevent them from happening again in the future.

I think the thing I love most about my job is that I'm helping support all the other teams in our company solving their business challenges through continued expansion of our Atlassian product usage.

-Jimmy

Like # people like this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2020

I agree @Jimmy Seddon  with your second point. You are being heard, which unfortunately not that many Managers, Directors,....are ok with. Sometimes I find myself wondering what was the reason of bringing the team to a meeting and asking for our feedback if the manager had already something in mind and the team's input wasn't taken into consideration. 

I am not complaining because through my career I did have great Managers who not only were open to suggestions, but put themselves in the hot seat because they believed in their employees opinions.

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2020

Great topic @Fadoua 

I agree with both of you so far. To stick somewhere, you need to be challenged, as well as heard and noticed. ( I assume that we are all a hard and heart working people here, so sticking to a place only for the salary is like 0-value :) )

What I love the most about my job is the possibility of communicating with people all around the world, the creation of meaningful events and organizations (in and out of the office). Every event is different and challenging by its means, and most of the time, "the harder, the better". Finding ways to be creative in an ecosystem like the Atlassian one is quite an experience! 

I will soon celebrate my 4th year at Botron, and I feel like I'm working and not working at the same time :) I just like answer my emails at the weekend or working in my off-hours.

Yes, sometimes we do have these hard corporate processes, but it still worths the effort to survive them.

Like # people like this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2020

Thanks @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_  for your answer! Now I see that we share not only our passion to Atlassian Tools but the reason behind working for the same employer.

Wishing you more successful years in your career!

Best,

Fadoua

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2020

Thank you @Fadoua!

Wishing you more of the same :)) Keep your motivation and passion through your days!

Like Fadoua likes this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2020
Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2020

OH man, this is such a good question! I think everyone would be a little bit happier if we asked ourselves this question more often. :)

I'm most excited to be working on Gliffy because I get to really dig in to absolutely everything about the brand.

In my last job, I would work on advertising campaigns for all sorts of brands, for just a few weeks at a time. I was strictly part of the creative team, which made it hard to be more involved in strategy, analytics, and measurement. Those are skills I really wanted to build!

It's wonderful to get to know the team, hear how our customers are using Gliffy to make cool stuff, and try to help people work more efficiently or creatively. But all those wonderful opportunities are magnified by the fact that I get to jump in and be more than just my job title.

All that means it's definitely harder than my last job. And I love it.

Like # people like this
Jason H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2020

I really enjoy helping other engineers grow, and also seeing the results of our collective work actually get used by customers.

Like # people like this
Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2020

I really love the satisfaction I receive from solving tickets, helping team members solve tickets, and writing community articles to help solve future tickets.  I also work with our product team to help enhance Jira Align to reduce user confusion and prevent the need for a ticket/ help article.    

I also enjoy the freedom of maneuver I am given to seek out and fix problems that internal and external customers are facing.  I believe some of these side projects have been a pleasurable experience to work on and have also added value to our customers.  

Like # people like this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2020

I agree @Tim Keyes , it is very rewarding when you see that you fixed someone's issue and they are able to do their work. Even more when you receive a thank-you note from the same user. It always makes my day 

Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
January 31, 2020

Working with @Tim Keyes, obviously ;)

Like # people like this
Emily Koch
Atlassian Team
January 31, 2020

Can I also say working with @Tim Keyes and @Shawn Kessler ?

Like # people like this
Tim Keyes
Atlassian Team
January 31, 2020

Wow! I really like working with @Emily Koch and @Shawn Kessler as well!

Like # people like this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2020

hmmm now I am jealous @Tim Keyes  everyone enjoys working with you, what is the secret recipe?

Like # people like this
Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
February 5, 2020

Tim is a super hard worker, supports his co-workers, gives excellent customer service, and has an awesome sense of humor. He is the heart and soul of the original AgileCraft team!

Like # people like this
Emily Koch
Atlassian Team
February 5, 2020

^ This this this. Shawn summed it up perfectly!

Like Fadoua likes this
Helen Griffiths _Capgemini_ February 3, 2020

Getting out and about as an ACE leader within Capgemini, and showing our user community the art of the possible with the Atlassian tools. Attendees at our events range from users who use the tools very light touch to those who use every tool we have and have a better understanding of them then I do :) 

Putting faces to names is great. We're spread across the UK, Europe and wider too - so our plan this year is to get on the road and go and see as many people as we can. We started just over a week ago, with a trip to the south coast, and have our next local ACE planned for the end of the month (we tend to run our local ACE's every two months).

If you're thinking of becoming an ACE leader, do it. It's not easy, but very rewarding.

Like # people like this
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2020

Hey @Fadoua ,

I work with Atlassians in Migration Support. It has been 9+ month with the team.  

#1 Personal  satisfaction:

I like my team and my Manager. My team mates take care of my tickets when I am out sick and vice versa . Its like we have build trust Among each other and it helps and improve the way we communicate in the team . Be it appreciating others efforts or be it providing feedbacks on area of improvement. 

Also my Manager recognize the efforts I put in my work and appreciate the same.

#2 PROFESSIONAL Satisfaction:

I work in Support and the best part of working with support in you get to meet different people from different place and you listen to their problem and help them resolve them. And when they are happy. They appreciate your efforts which can make your day better 😁.

- Sri

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events