Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

What do you value most in a job?

Kristen Roth Atlassian Team Aug 15, 2019

We ran an Atlassian Twitter poll earlier this week and 35% of the participants picked "Interesting work" as the thing they value most in a job. Do you agree? How do you keep your work exciting?

interestingwork.jpeg

2 comments

Hello

When I come to work, I tell the management what I want to do and find out how we can help each other in this direction.

I also determine the directions in which I want to develop, allocate time for this, and apply in my work as much as possible.

Well, of course, I was lucky to decide what I really like, I go to conferences, read and apply practices for project management and business analysis, so I’m very rarely bored)

Like Kristen Roth likes this
Kristen Roth Atlassian Team Aug 16, 2019

Thanks for sharing, @Yevhen Rohovets! Taking charge of your own path is so important. 

Kat Community Leader Aug 19, 2019

It is interesting to also think about which of the valuable things we are willing to put on hold and for how long.

For me work-life balance cannot go on hold for more than a couple of days at a time and not that frequently.

I have willingly forgone interesting work and growth opportunities for extended periods of time for the sake of a finite project but will not continue in a role where these things are not part of the role most of the time.

Like Kristen Roth likes this

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Off-topic

Be gentle and kind to your users! ❤️

(they're not as lucky to be a Jira Admin like you!) It's a human thing actually, isn't it? Specially in "provider—consumer" relationships, we seem to blame the end-user quite often: The product...

302 views 9 23
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you