Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you value most in a job?

Kristen Roth
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 15, 2019

We ran an Atlassian Twitter poll earlier this week and 35% of the participants picked "Interesting work" as the thing they value most in a job. Do you agree? How do you keep your work exciting?

interestingwork.jpeg

2 comments

Comment

Yevhen Rohovets
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2019

Hello

When I come to work, I tell the management what I want to do and find out how we can help each other in this direction.

I also determine the directions in which I want to develop, allocate time for this, and apply in my work as much as possible.

Well, of course, I was lucky to decide what I really like, I go to conferences, read and apply practices for project management and business analysis, so I’m very rarely bored)

Like Kristen Roth likes this
Kristen Roth
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 16, 2019

Thanks for sharing, @Yevhen Rohovets! Taking charge of your own path is so important. 

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 19, 2019

It is interesting to also think about which of the valuable things we are willing to put on hold and for how long.

For me work-life balance cannot go on hold for more than a couple of days at a time and not that frequently.

I have willingly forgone interesting work and growth opportunities for extended periods of time for the sake of a finite project but will not continue in a role where these things are not part of the role most of the time.

Like Kristen Roth likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events