What did you have for breakfast?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2020

Happy Friday Everyone!

From a young age my Dad was always up early cooking eggs and bacon on Saturday morning and I learned the various cooking methods and experimented with the spice rank to learn what combinations of seasonings I enjoy.

I think because of this breakfast has always been my favorite meal of the day!

Before quarantine I needed to make sure that my breakfast was portable enough to travel with me to the office because I was never hungry enough to eat before I left for work in the wee hours of the morning.

Now that I'm at home every day I have the opportunity to cook things fresh.

This morning, I made a few hard boiled eggs (because that's what my son wanted) and I had a couple of pieces of toast with some of my Mom's homemade peach jam.

Are you also a breakfast enthusiast?  Or is it just the first thing you eat to get you to the better meals of the day?  I want to hear it all!

Have a great rest of the day, enjoy your weekend, and for my fellow Canadians enjoy the long weekend!

13 comments

Comment

Celina Zamora May 15, 2020

I can eat breakfast 3x a day...it's my favorite meal that I would happily eat for the rest of my life. I make chocolate chip pancakes for my girls, with some eggs and bacon (looooove bacon). If not, I'm all about breakfast tacos and have learned to make some pretty amazing ones. Living in Austin, we also have some amazing places that make some of the best breakfast tacos. Aaaand now I'm hungry. Lol. 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2020

I think I need to learn more about breakfast tacos...

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 15, 2020

I'm the weird one that doesn't eat breakfast. I know, i know go ahead and throw things at me virtually and tell me it's the most important meal of the day :) 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 15, 2020

This actually isn't hat weird.  Truth be told on the weekends I don't actually eat breakfast... or I guess technically lunch... because I will have breakfast foods at lunch :D

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2020

It's all good @Brittany Joiner - my wife doesn't like breakfast food, or breakfast the meal, either.  Mug of chai (tea) and she's off!  :-)

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2020

@LarryBrock what's funny is that i actually do love breakfast foods!! Just don't eat them before 11 am haha

Holden Maudlin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2020

I've had the same breakfast since the quarantine began. Two slices of toast with peanut butter: one topped with salt, the other drizzled with honey. I top it off with a bowl of strawberries and blueberries. I'm still enjoying it every day!

Like # people like this
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 15, 2020

Today, I had two slices of whole grain toast with avocado smushed on it. Also in my summer breakfast rotation:

- blueberry smoothies - we have 6 blueberry bushes and usually get about 2 gallons of frozen berries every year. then in august I switch to fresh blackberry smoothies!

- hummus on whole grain toast 

- scrambled egg w/cheese and chives

- breakfast sammich on white bread with a fried egg and Kraft singles (when I need comfort food, which is a lot lately!)

Like # people like this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2020

fresh, wild blueberries 😍

Like Mandy Ross likes this
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 15, 2020

full disclosure, our blueberries are cultivated, BUT we have two types of wild blackberries, wild raspberries and wild salmonberries!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 15, 2020

We are trying to grow blueberries... We do however, have many more raspberry canes than I can count now so that is the summer time treat for us!

Like Mandy Ross likes this
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
May 15, 2020

Ahhhhhhhh man I love my self some breakfast foods,  But i actually have never been a big breakfast at breakfast time person, I prefer to eat a small meal in the AM maybe a piece of toast or a granola bar.  BUT i regularly do a Breakfast for Dinner or a fancy lunch with brekkie foods and man can i make a mean pile of pancakes.

But because of this I have had to really watch my figure over the years (well watch it grow rounder, if ya know what i mean)

One of my staples is a soft center sunny side up egg + bacon + lettuce + avocado and mayo on stovetop toasted and buttered bread as a  sandwich ....... Drooollllllinggggggg just thinking about it

My absolutely fave and probably because the ingredients are more difficult to come by so its a few and farther between is a eggs Benedict, which is amazing in the classic eggs-benny version, but the kicker is adding in some shredded Dungeness crab, and top it with some hot sauce of your choice,  10 out of 10 would highly recomend

Like # people like this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
May 15, 2020

*drool*

Like # people like this
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
May 15, 2020

Bettes Diner in Hood River, OR has the most amazing dungeness crab benedict. it haunts my dreams. 

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 15, 2020

I have never actually had eggs benedict... though I think is should try it sometime.

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2020

Hey @Earl McCutcheon - when I feel I need to "get in shape", I remind myself that round is a shape!  :-P

~~Larry

Like # people like this
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
May 18, 2020

@LarryBrock ,  you just made me spit some coffee on my desk because i could not hold back the laugh...... Good one :) 

Like # people like this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
May 15, 2020

Another fan of breakfast here! I rotate through a few favorites but these stand out:

• comfort food: a good ol' fashion bowl of cereal! Be it cold (Honey Bunches of oat) or hot (apple cinnamon oatmeal) 
  • weekend fast: eggs and avocado on sourdough toast with chili flakes
  • weekend brunch: eggs benedict with no meat though
  • newest quarantine creation: quick oats + frozen wild blueberries + ginger powder + sugar
Like # people like this
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
May 15, 2020

is there anything that avocado, eggs and toast can't do??

Like # people like this
Bridget
Community Manager
May 15, 2020

Sometimes I go to bed thinking, "I can't wait for breakfast." 

And breakfast has been the same thing for the past four years. Oatmeal every day, if I can help it!

I love to top my oatmeal with banana, berries, and a glob of peanut butter. But before I get to my oats, I make myself a cappuccino. Is it tomorrow morning yet?!?!?!! 

Like # people like this
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2020

I don't usually eat breakfast unless you consider coffee breakfast.

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2020

Like many of you, breakfast is my absolute favorite meal and food.  Favorites include:

1. Bacon and fried eggs, biscuits and cream gravy
  2. Belgian waffles w/pecans and blue or black berries
  3. Grits with cheese, chives, topped with a sunny-side-up egg
  4. Scrambled eggs with tamales
  5. breakfast taco with scrambled egg, chorizo, cheese, jalapeno
  6. Cinnamon rolls (mother and mother-in-law both make the best from scratch)
  7. Toast with smashed avacado
  8. oh and of course DONUTS!

I could go on for days but there isn't time or space. :-)

However, as the saying goes ... "but first, coffee!"  That's been the day-starter for about 30yrs now regardless of what food comes next. :-P

I will eat breakfast food for any meal and have it at lunch frequently.  Occasionally I'll convince my wife to have "breakfast for dinner" but she doesn't really care for breakfast food so it's a tough sell.  She's the type who likes leftover pizza, enchaladas, meatloaf, etc. for breakfast, if at all, so aren't we quite a pair!

And like @Celina Zamora said .... arg, now I'm hungry!

Great topic @Jimmy Seddon !

Like # people like this
Mandy Ross
Community Manager
May 20, 2020

thanks a lot @LarryBrock , now I'm starvingggggggg! great list!

Like # people like this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2020

Hahaha, just paying it forward.  =^)

meghna_singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2020

Yes, I am a breakfast person! With a list of breakfast moods

• I absolutely love pancakes, Pancakes = happiest woman in the universe.
  • Cereals, cornflake, fruitloops = Productive day ahead
  • Bread butter and coffee = I am out of supplies ( also overthinking about everything today, sulky sulk) 
  • Idli sambar, with coconut chutney
    Weekend breakfast = Also lunch 
  • Stuffed naan and curry
    Weekend Breakfast+ overeating + I am going to take naps the entire day = Perfect weekend haha
Like # people like this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2021

It is interesting Stuffed naan and curry :) 

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2021

@Gonchik Tsymzhitov  - I think the last one is Chole Kulche / Kulche-Chole  which is White Peas Curry i.e. Chole and Bread as Kulcha/Kulche.  You can check this recipe.

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2021

@meghna_singh - Please correct me if I am wrong.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 20, 2020

This has been my go-to breakfast for a few months: oatmeal, blueberries, blackberries, pumpkin seeds, figs, walnuts.

IMG_0133.JPG

Like # people like this
gsa asas July 13, 2021

I want to make a sandwich with just a thick layer of crunchy peanut butter on a wholemeal bread earlier than I exit kite browsinghere. Sometimes upload some honey as properly.

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2021

Another nice topic @Jimmy Seddon .

I prefer cereals, Traditional British or Indian Breakfast options in weekdays and mostly depending on my morning meetings during this work from home period . In weekends, I prefer Brunch or try any experimental breakfast :).

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events