What are the benefits when you work from home?

Ramanathan Yegyanarayanan March 20, 2020

I would work from home and in the middle work for home as well. Work life balance is realised well here.#embrace-remote

14 comments

Comment

John Theofanopoulos March 21, 2020

Throughout my whole career (past 6 years) I've been mostly working for home.

It's hard to keep a good work/life balance especially if you have other people living with you (wife, kids etc).

Working from home surely has it's perks (you can work with pajamas, you can go to the toilet whenever you work, smote, get drinks etc).

You need to find ways to stay productive because it's easy to get your attention distracted.

My only tip is, try to take small breaks and walk around - and try to keep your previous 'office routine', where you would wake up, wash your face, brush your teeth, get dressed etc.

Ramanathan Yegyanarayanan March 21, 2020

Interesting experience

mariam.aslam March 21, 2020

Work from home is an amazing thing. You stay with your family while working sometimes we do get tired of the same working routine.

My tip is to organize your workstation that increases productivity.

Ramanathan Yegyanarayanan March 21, 2020

Nice thought

Mihai Schwarz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2020

Working remotely from home, provides you a lot of benefits, but the only downside is that you forget when to stop :))

Like # people like this
Ramanathan Yegyanarayanan March 23, 2020

Yes you are right

Like Mihai Schwarz likes this
Shaun tat March 28, 2020

This is so true. Right now I'm spending around 10-12 hours on bed working on my laptop. While on office, it's was just 8 hours.  reviewedstore.com

Like # people like this
Sumedha V March 23, 2020

Lots of benefits! Flexible hours, nobody watching how you sit or stand, no need to wear uncomfortably formal clothes just so the boss doesn't get pissed off, can actually grab a snack without anybody taunting, even have elaborate meals and follow diets.

For me, as a creative communication professional, it is hard to sit at one desk for 6-8 hours and stare at one computer screen. I prefer work from home because I can do whatever it takes to get creative, like workout or so g or dance or cook or eat or take a nap or on hot summer days, an extra shower!

Like # people like this
Ramanathan Yegyanarayanan March 24, 2020

I loved the way you expressed your work from home experience

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2020

I agree with most benefits. 

My favourite is work with personal psychologist, psychotherapist, massage therapist and just my catю

photo5463176762923002961.jpg

Ramanathan Yegyanarayanan March 25, 2020

Wow superb always to be with pets

Like Gonchik Tsymzhitov likes this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2020

Yeap :) 

alex sandro March 26, 2020

First of all I have enough time for working and I don't have to spend 2 more hours to go to my working place. That's the biggest benefit. I also can schedule my day the way I want to and remote work gives you an opportunity to manage your own time. I just need a chair, laptop, access to the internet, vpn and I can work freely. It's also important not to forget about confidence in internet so https://veepn.com/ is needed for sure

Ramanathan Yegyanarayanan March 26, 2020

I do have the same liberty at home as all have. well listed my friend.

Pedro Felgueiras
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2020

THe greatest benefit of working from home is passing more time with my son

Ramanathan Yegyanarayanan March 26, 2020

That's really a time worth spending in life

Assia Touati March 27, 2020

The greatest benefit to work from home is to spend more time with my kids, avoid the long time passing in the trafic ! #embrace-remote

Ramanathan Yegyanarayanan March 27, 2020

Yes very true where you dont waste your precious time on traffic

Like Assia Touati likes this
Assia Touati March 27, 2020

or shopping ! that's a thing that my wallet appreciates ! 

Ramanathan Yegyanarayanan March 27, 2020

But at times that drains your wallet...

Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2020

I'm used to working from home - I work 1-2 days a week on a regular basis, but now I work like this for 14 days at a time! It has the advantage that I get up "to work" later and during the day I can get things done in the city. The disadvantage is that it is sometimes difficult to finish work on time.

Maxine Kröll
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2020

I just love the flexibility! I'm saving about 1,5 hours drive each day which I can use for something else. I can use my lunch brake to do something fun. In the afternoon, if I don't have any meetings scheduled, I can just decide to have a break and use the fact that the sun is shining to go on a ride with my bike and then go back to work afterwards. :)

Jisu Oh April 3, 2020

I signed up for a course in the evening (thank you zoom!) - normally I would've been exhausted by the time I got to course after the commute. Now i can still rest a bit, have proper dinner before course starts. Or cram my homework 😳

Just need to watch those trousers that are getting harder to pull up everyday :D

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2020

I do not like traffic jams which are very common, so the biggest benefit is that you are able to earn 1-2h in a day for something else than going to/from work! :)

Mark Dsirl September 23, 2021

It always fed up for me. As balance both task home and office and also manage clients for website issues. Hope Covid goes.

Best Mirrorles camera2021 October 8, 2021

I agree with most of benfits listed here but i miss my daily Drive from home to office and making Instagram travel content daily

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events