Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There are many negatives and positives to working from home and sitting behind the desk

Khadiga AL-Gunaid September 7, 2020

Many of us during this period work remotely from home, and I have noticed some people complaining about working from home, even though I prefer working remotely and staying away from public transportation and getting up from sleep in the morning.

2 comments

Comment

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 7, 2020

For many people, the difference between working in an office or from home is more than the location.

Commuting takes up time, negatively impacts the environment, and can be costly - all things that count in favour towards working from home.

On the other had it can be nice to have place for work that s separate from home along with the social aspect of having work kitchen/water cooler/hallway chats.

Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2020

I went work from home pre-covid, as decided to do the school runs etc, and where construction companies would not entertain a bloke at an interview say they were only available guaranteed from 10 til 2pm, anything else depended on traffic after school run.

Now everybody is doing it, and its seen as can be, then it wasnt.

But I took the risk, and am self employed, taking my projects as we get them, and work from home is a home office on the top floor ... with kids watching TV sometimes behind as they know there is a spare TV set.

But see them more than if I was out of the house 14 hrs a day, though does take me all day to do the work now with interuptions, but did used to be just me in the house and work away.

Less stress, different stress, more enjoyable.  It depends on priorities and if you enjoy your work or need to be out doing other.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events