cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The most memorable Christmas

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2018

11.png

Christmas is coming, how do you arrange this Christmas?

When is the most impressive Christmas? What interesting things happened at that time?

For me, the Christmas of 2002 is the most memorable.

After the millennium, the custom of Christmas gradually integrated into China, when I was studying in Nanjing, China.

This is the first time I have spent Christmas with my girlfriend (now she has become my wife). After school at 17:00 (in China, Christmas is still a working day), we plan to have a Christmas dinner. To celebrate our acquaintances, such as buffets, steaks, pizza, etc.

Our university is in the concentrated area of
​​the urban business circle. I rode my girlfriend on a bicycle for about 17 kilometers and shuttled back and forth between several business districts. It is disappointing that all the restaurants are packed. . The waiter told us that it would take at least 3 to 5 hours to get dinner.
22.png
At around 9:30 pm, we were already hungry, and finally found a fast food shop- KFC, usually KFC does not need to line up, but this day we still lined up for about 20 minutes before eating 2 chicken hamburgers. With that experience, every Christmas we will give priority to cooking at home, making pizza, cakes, and various Chinese cuisines.

Although the Christmas in 2002 was a bit embarrassing, now we often remember the Christmas together. At that time, there was a beautiful snow fluttering outside, and it was very romantic to ride on the streets with the lights of the beloved. This is a wonderful memory of our two individuals!

2 comments

Comment

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 13, 2018

Awww - that is adorable. 

Like Ollie Guan likes this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2018

When I was 25 I was living in Europe (I'm originally from Southern California) and I was spending my first Christmas away from home. I went to Vienna for the week so I could take in the Christmas markets, food, and art. I got to spend Christmas eve wandering the Christmas market with new friends from the hostel, holding gluhwein to warm my hands, and stopping in for carols at St. Stephen's cathedral. Christmas day I got to go see the nutcracker at the majestic Vienna Opera House, followed by delectable desert at Café Sacher Wien. Everything felt so beautiful and absolutely magical - a quintessential Christmas, as imagined by someone who grew up spending Christmas in a warm place surrounded by palm trees - but all this made me realize that if I didn't get to spend it with the people I loved then there was very little substance to all the magic around me. Since then, I've made every effort to be able to cherish and appreciate still being able to celebrate with those I love. Overall, it was a great experience.

Like Ollie Guan likes this
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2018

Great Christmas experience!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events