Summer Holidays, Fun Days!

Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2018

Its a summer Holiday for those in the US. What fun activities are you planning for the day? Grilling, Beach Party, spending the day with friends and family are the top of many folks lists, but today finds me at the Roller Skating rink! Great hot summer activity! Tell us about your adventures on your summer days away from the office!

6 comments

Comment

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2018

Cause Mobile wont let me add pics when I make a post....

20180704_130543.jpg

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2018

Man oh man @Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_ - those are some really stylish skates!  In the west Texas desert where I grew up, the skating rink was the place to be on Saturday afternoons.  Guess that dates me a bit doesn't it. :-)

Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2018

Me too....and well, I ain't a spring chick myself these days.  LOL

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 4, 2018

Happy 4th of July! It's cool that you go roller skating, and I'm sure it's also cool with the air conditioning. I'm not in the US, but I hear there is an East Coast (maybe affecting you too in Ohio) heat wave. Stay cool!

My favorites for summer activities are outdoor concerts, festivals, and movies. The Smithsonian Folklife Festival was fun AND had a jazz concert too. 

2018-07-05_1300.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2018

@carolyn french thats a great pic!  And looks like a lot of fun.  I love outdoor concerts and movies in the summer time.  Working on a backyard 'drive-in' theater myself :D

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2018

@carolyn french LOVE that photo.

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 10, 2018

Thanks! High praise from the photography experts *swoons

Scott Grieder
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2018

@Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_ and @carolyn french- Sorry to hear you had trouble uploading photos yesterday. Looks like the issue cleared up. Those look great!

My family attended the country’s longest parade yesterday, which runs over 2 hours and featured among other things, this huge potato.

528D5FDA-DD0B-4262-A2FA-A12E9CBBA76C.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2018

That will make a lot of potato salad!

Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2018

And sounds like a fantastic adventure! :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2018

I'm English, and live in the UK, so the 4th July to me was "Wednesday".  But here's last week instead.  For those of you who don't know England too well, this is remarkable because:

• It's in "the North", where "It's grim"
  • It's not raining
  • The temperature is over 305K (about 90F)
  • I was not wearing an Atlassian or Adaptavist t-shirt.  Although I was in Susan Hauth's generously donated ScriptRunner hat.

holiday.jpg

Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2018

That looks awesome!  Glad you had such a fine summer day to enjoy!

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2018

IMG_3422.jpg

I can confirm @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-'s statement. I've been in England until 4th of July and it was so nice, no rain, very warm, no British weather at all ;-)

Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2018

Such incredibly blue skys!  Looks lovely!

I hope is was nicer than Ohio.  So warm and humid here.

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2018

So, so into those blue skies. 🙌🏼

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2018

Summer is the best season for sports.

I have fallen in love with skateboards since I saw the cartoons of Denver, the Last Dinosaur 28 years ago.

Now, this is the same hobby I have with my wife.

11.png22.jpg33.jpg

Community Leader
Community Leader
July 9, 2018

Oh my gosh!
Denver the Last Dinosaur!  He's a my friend and a whole lot more! Ha!  I had totally forgotten about that cartoon.  

Love the boards, I'm still working my way up to feeling comfortable skating outside.

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2018

I spent the 4th July on Brighton Marina here in the UK doing a bit of Fishing and enjoying the heatwave that we have been having in the UK recently. 

36671337_1898028586920942_6139343243516575744_n.jpg

Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2018

What sort were you fishing for?  I grew up doing a lot of lake fishing.

*edited grep up....only some sort of linux geek would make that typo :D

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2018

I was fishing for Sea Bream and Mackerel and luckily it was a good session as i managed to catch a few of each.

Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2018

Awesome!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events