Stay-at-home cooking - what's your go-to meal?

Helen Griffiths _Capgemini_ March 30, 2020

Like most around the globe, i'm typing this whilst working from the comfort of my office...also known as the spare bedroom...at my house.

It's all over the news here in the UK of people stockpiling food (I'm never sure why when there's no shortage of it?!) but it leaves the supermarket shelves empty and me looking in my cupboards for a meal I can make from a few ingredients. I've been pondering about what i'm going to make for tea tonight - which got me thinking, what's your go-to meal?

I managed to pick up some passata and mince yesterday, so I think it'll be a hearty bolognese in the Griffiths household tonight 🍝

5 comments

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Post a new discussion

Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2020

One of the things I like about being home is I can snack all day. A little cheese, grapes, maybe make myself a piece of toast at some point... I find myself eating throughout the afternoon (but mostly healthy things, so I think that's okay!)

Like # people like this
Helen Griffiths _Capgemini_ March 31, 2020

Same! I had to move my 'office' from the kitchen as the fridge was in arms reach 🤦‍♀️. Now if i want something I have to make the move downstairs, through the living room and into the kitchen - much better! :)

OR...when it gets to the point of opening the fridge or cupboards and not finding anything you want, just make a cup of tea ☕

Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2020

I have been drinking a lot of tea, too! I think it's nice to just have something within reach for a 10 second mental break sometimes.

I will say, and I do think this is a little strange, when I really really need to focus or I feel like the snacking has gotten out of control, I've been sitting on the floor. It's hard to zombie-walk to the fridge when you have to go through the work of getting up all the way from the floor. 😂

Favourite comment of the day @Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy 🤣

Random fact: over three million tons of tea is produced across the world each year, which is funny, because it's also the amount i've consumed since working from home 🤷‍♀️

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2020

One of the best questions ever 😍

I’m always preparing homemade food for the office lunch, so the one thing I am grateful for during the WFH is having more freshly cooked meals.

Omelette and some roasted nuts are my favs for a good lunch. The more “gourmet” stuff are made in the weekend (I started baking bread again!) so we always have at least two more meals in the fridge. 
I play it simple, we count calories and try not to binge on desserts.

Like # people like this

Desserts are my absolute weak point, so I try not to have anything in the cupboards or fridge so i'm not tempted :)

I attempted to bake bread once before, but it didn't go so well. Given i've got a couple of weeks to perfect it, if I can get hold of some bread flour I shall give it a whirl. I love the smell of freshly baked bread.

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2020

I successfully made a loaf of bread with flour and sweet potato, can't believe how good it turned out :) 

I filmed the recipe, so I will be happy to share it as soon as I upload it to youtube.

Oooohhh that sounds lovely. Would love to give it a try.

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2020

@Helen Griffiths _Capgemini_ 

It's finally Sunday, and I manage to finish my recipe! Enjoy the bread video 💙

Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2020

My go to is rice and beans, I always have the stuff to make that in my pantry. My other go to is something I learned how to make from Alton Brown's Good Eats, a pasta tossed in olive oil, garlic and parmesan cheese, you can toss other things with it if you have em, in the episode he added sun dried tomatoes and walnuts if memory serves. These are my go to's when it is slim pickings out there. I always have stuff to make those. 

Like # people like this

That pasta dish sounds lovely!

Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 31, 2020

I always have home-cooked lunch, I hate breaking my rhythm and going to buy food. So like @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ mentioned, fresh home-cooked meal is certainly a big benefit for me too. 

My go-to meal is usually something called Khichdee - It basically sick people food for Indians :P 

It's like rice and lentils in a pressure cooker with some salt, water, and turmeric. There are many variations to this. But for me, I like it in the simplest form. It's probably one of the 'healthier' Indian dishes around, cooks in one pot. 

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2020

High-five @Poorvi Jhawar !

The pressure cooker is a life-saver :)

Yesterday I made a soup from sweet potato, turmeric, and red lentils for less than 10 minutes. 

Like Poorvi Jhawar likes this
Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 1, 2020

Absolutely! :D 

A pressure cooker is probably the most important thing. :) 

Phile Salt March 1, 2021

I love to eat fast food like pizza burger and these types of other food but its all available on restaurants and in this year they just stopped on this post. the online deliveries so I personally have so much problems.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Post a new discussion

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events