Signups for Friday Fun, October 2021 to February 2022

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

The latest thread accepting new signups is here!

Yes, that isn't a mistake!  We are taking sign-ups for over a year from now! CRAZY!

Get in on the Friday Fun action and earn the Friday Funmaker badge by signing up below! (Don't forget to earn Fri-Yay! by participating, too.) 

• You will get a reminder when it's your turn
  • Feel free to be as random, specific, serious or silly as you want
  • You can see previous Friday Fun topics here
  • You can post the Friday Fun thread once it's Friday at Atlassian HQ in Sydney
  • As soon as your turn comes around, you can use this link to create a Friday Fun discussion!
  • Just post a comment to sign up!

Friday, October 29: @Pramodh M 

Friday, November 5: @Veronique DUFOUR 

Friday, November 12: @Pedro Silva 

Friday, November 19: @Naomi Bowyer 

Friday, November 26: @Ganesh Babu 

Friday, December 3: @Nicole Reichert 

Friday, December 10: @Blanka Meinhardt 

Friday, December 17: @Alma Soriano 

Friday, December 24: @Kathy Hart 

Friday, December 31: @Linda Milne_Togetha Group_ 

Friday, January 7: @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ 

Friday, January 14: @Andrew Kendris 

Friday, January 21: @ABR 

Friday, January 28: @Marc Dvorschak 

Friday, February 4: @Fabienne Gerhard 

Friday, February 11: @nina_schmidt 

Friday, February 18: @Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM  

As soon as your turn comes around, you can use this link to create a Friday Fun discussion!

40 comments

Comment

Veronique DUFOUR January 19, 2021

I'll take 2022-11-05 thanks !

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

@Veronique DUFOUR Nov. 5th belongs to you!

Like Veronique DUFOUR likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 4, 2021

@Veronique DUFOUR, my fellow Canadian! It is your week for Friday Fun! It is Friday in Sydney so you can start your thread anytime.  Here is your link to start your topic and here are the latest topics for reference.

Veronique DUFOUR November 5, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon Thanks, it's done!!

Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2021

Hey,

Please assign me a date!

Regards,

Soumyadeep

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2021

@Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM I've given you Feb 18th 2022.

Like Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
February 17, 2022

@Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM yay it's your turn! It's Friday at the Sydney Opera House, which means you can post your thread anytime.  Here is your link to start your topic and here are the latest topics for reference. Excited for this week's fun!

Like # people like this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2021

Hi @Jimmy Seddon 

I would love to have the 11th February ☺️

Thanks! 

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
February 10, 2022

@nina_schmidt yay I'm so excited, it's your week for Friday Fun!  It is Friday in Sydney so you can start your thread anytime.  Here is your link to start your topic and here are the latest topics for reference. And as your Australia-themed photo of the day, here is Cate Blanchett:

caateb.jpeg

Like nina_schmidt likes this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 10, 2022
Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2021

Hey @Jimmy Seddon 

I can take day after singles day, 12th of November, 2021. Hope I am still alive and kickin' then...  ;)

Takk!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2021
Blanka Meinhardt January 27, 2021

Hi, @Jimmy Seddon ,

I would like to have December 10 if still available.

Thanks!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2021

@Blanka Meinhardt you've got it!

Like Blanka Meinhardt likes this
Blanka Meinhardt January 27, 2021

Hi @Jimmy Seddon

could you change the ID to (2468683)? Our company changed email adresses and how I have two accounts.

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2021

Sorry about that @Blanka Meinhardt.  Should be fixed now!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
December 9, 2021

@Blanka Meinhardt this is your week and you can start your thread anytime!  Here is your link to start your topic and here are the latest topics for reference.  And here is Beaker from the Muppet Show just because he's cute:

Beaker-muppets-300x276.jpeg

Like Blanka Meinhardt likes this
Marc Dvorschak January 28, 2021

Hi, @Jimmy Seddon ,

I would like to have January 28 if still available.

Thanks!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2021

@Marc Dvorschak I've signed you up for Jan 28th.  As a reminder, that is Jan 28th of 2022.

Marc Dvorschak January 28, 2021

I hope so. I need the year to prepare myself. 🤣

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2021

Hi @Jimmy Seddon 

I would like to sign up for February 4th 2022 - what an epic date 😍

Thanks

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2021

@Fabienne Gerhard you're signed up!

Like Fabienne Gerhard likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
February 3, 2022

@Fabienne Gerhard hello my friend! It is your week for Friday fun and you can post your thread anytime!  Here is your link to start your topic and here are the latest topics for reference.  And here is a pony:

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 12.18.14 PM.png

Like # people like this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 4, 2022

The birthday edition 🥳 -> Here we go

Horse Busby GIF by TLC

Nicole Reichert February 7, 2021

December 2021 for me!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 24, 2021

@Nicole Reichert you have December 3rd!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
December 2, 2021

@Nicole Reichert HAPPY DECEMBER! It's your turn this week and since it's Friday in Sydney, you can start your thread anytime. Here is your link to start your topic and here are the latest topics for reference. And here is a wallaby, perking up her ears to find out what fun awaits her:

wallaby.gif

Monique vdB
Community Manager
December 2, 2021

@Nicole Reichert I also see that you're based in Sydney so you probably 1) know what time it is, and 2) are not that excited to see a wallaby.

When I went birdwatching in Sydney, my guide said his dream was to someday see a hummingbird in real life. So here is one of those instead!

hummingbirdy.gif

Nicole Reichert December 2, 2021

AND HERE is my lovely little thread: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Off-topic-discussions/Pandemic-Hobbies-what-s-stayed-and-what-s-out/m-p/1877640#M13486

What's stayed and what's gone in your pandemic hobbies?!

Like Monique vdB likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon - when do we get a reminder to contribute? Hopefully it's a few days before?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2021

@Dave Liao reminder usually goes out around 2pm EST on the Thursday.

Like Dave Liao likes this
Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
February 21, 2021

Can I have Dec 31?

@Jimmy Seddon 

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 24, 2021

@Linda Milne_Togetha Group_ December 31st is all yours!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 30, 2021

@Linda Milne_Togetha Group_ it's your turn to bring it home with the last Friday Fun post of 2021!

Here is your link to start your topic and here are the latest topics for reference.

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Alma Soriano March 4, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon  Can I have 17th December please?  Thanks

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2021

@Alma Soriano - you've got it!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
December 16, 2021

@Alma Soriano welome to your week! You can start your thread anytime, Here is your link to start your topic and here are the latest topics for reference. And here are some rainbow lorikeets:

Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 10.54.09 AM.png

Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2021

Can I have December 24th? Pretty please? 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2021

Because you asked so nicely @Kathy Hart, it's all you! ;)

Monique vdB
Community Manager
December 22, 2021

@Kathy Hart since I will be out tomorrow, your reminder is here early! You can start your thread anytime anyway, even though it's still Thursday in Sydney. :)  Here is your link to start your topic and here are the latest topics for reference. And here are some Christmas lights in Sydney: 

172058 - Christmas Lights - Martin Place - DNSW - crop.jpeg

ABR March 18, 2021

Hi!

Could I please have Jan21, 2022 if it's still available?

Good day to everybody!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 9, 2021

Sorry @ABR!  I somehow missed your comment.  Jan 21st is all yours.

Like ABR likes this
ABR April 10, 2021

Thanks so much, Jimmy! :) Can't wait to make it work!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
January 20, 2022

@ABR it's Friday in Sydney! You can start your thread anytime, Here is your link to start your topic and here are the latest topics for reference. And here is a roundup of every Friday Fun ever!

Andrew Kendris
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 9, 2021

This is quite the list - thank you for keeping it up @Jimmy Seddon. I'll take January 28, 2022 🙂 Looks like I've got some time to ponder a good topic!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 9, 2021

@Andrew Kendris the 28th was already claimed.  I've given you Jan 14th.  I hope you won't feel rushed ;)

Like Andrew Kendris likes this
Andrew Kendris
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 9, 2021

Oof - that's gonna be tough and I might need to move a few things around 😉 Ha! Just playing - Jan 14 works perfectly!

Thanks again!

Andrew Kendris
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2022

@Jimmy Seddon looking forward to my slot this Friday! Can’t believe it’s already my turn 😃 

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2022

I'm looking forward to what you have planned :D

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2021

I'd love to sign up if you'll have me 😃

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2021

Hi @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_!

You snagged the last available spot, Jan. 7th!

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 13, 2021

Awesome, thanks @Jimmy Seddon

Monique vdB
Community Manager
January 6, 2022

@Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ gues whatttttt it's Friday in Sydney! You can start your thread anytime, Here is your link to start your topic and here are the latest topics for reference. And here is another one of the birds I saw in Sydney, the magnificent lyrebird: 

lyre.jpeg

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2022

Thanks @Monique vdB, stay tuned it will be with you all soon 🤩

Just a sprinkle of this, a dash of that and we've got some Friday Fun to be had!

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2022

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2022
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon - Oh hai! Sign me up for the next available spot, if any?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

Hey @Dave Liao!

We are putting a hold on scheduled signups (for now) we want to let the backlog drop a little bit more before we start taking on any additional signups.  However, if we need a replacement for any given week, I'll let you know.

Thanks!

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

Makes sense. I guess that means I'll be putting a hold on getting that Friday Finesse badge... 😂

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2021

Hi @Jimmy Seddon ,

how did you understand you need to have replacement? 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 23, 2021

Hey @Gonchik Tsymzhitov, credit really goes to @Monique vdB who looks at the last login time of the person signed up, and basically if they haven't posted something within a given window we need to find someone else to make the post before Friday is over.

Of the times that has happened recently the last login time has been about a year ago.  That is also the motivation for waiting to get through the backlog of sign ups before adding any new ones.  You can't be sure what you will be doing a year from when you signed up.

I hope that helps explain it.

-Jimmy

Like # people like this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 4, 2021

Hi @Jimmy Seddon , 

Thanks for that info :) 

Cheri Hansen April 27, 2021

Trying to join this group.  Saw Friday and Fun (2 of my favorite F-words) and want to be part of this!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2021

Hi @Cheri Hansen!

Not to worry the Off-Topic collection (where Friday Fun posts are created) is a group that every member is auto-subscribed to upon joining the community!

If you want to start participating check out the post tagged with friday-fun: 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/tag/friday-fun/tg-p

-Jimmy

Like Monique vdB likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
April 27, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon actually people aren't auto-subscribed but maybe they should be! 

@Cheri Hansen you can set a search alert for "Friday Fun," just click "Create alert" in the right hand sidebar on this search page.

Cheri Hansen May 3, 2021

looking forward to friday fun!!!  Thanks.

Sagar
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2021

Any next available spot, looks difficult but still if any?

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2021

Hi @Sagar!

I mentioned above, we are putting a hold on scheduled signups (for now) we want to let the backlog drop a little bit more before we start taking on any additional signups.  However, if we need a replacement for any given week, I'll let you know.

-Jimmy

Like # people like this
Sagar
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon  That's totally understandable. I will wait for my turn!!

Like Ravina likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2021

Hey @Sagar!

If you are interested in spreading some Friday Fun we could use a hand.  Here is your link to start your topic, and thanks for being on the impromptu wait list!

FYI @Monique vdB 

Pedro Silva May 21, 2021

Hi @Jimmy Seddon 

Give me a chance

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 21, 2021

Hi @Pedro Silva,

The next time we need someone to fill in, I'll let you know.  As of the moment we aren't taking anymore official signups.

Stay tuned!

Like Pedro Silva likes this
Pedro Silva May 21, 2021

Thanks Jimmy !

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon  Hey Pedro Silva can totally have my slot:

Friday, November 12

If you would be so kind.

Thanks, KGM

Pedro Silva June 1, 2021

Are you sure @Kristján Geir Mathiesen  ?

Thank you so much !

You're a true gentleman. 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2021

Very kind of you @Kristján Geir Mathiesen!  @Pedro Silva November 12th is your slot now!

Pedro Silva June 1, 2021

A true hero over here @Kristján Geir Mathiesen 

Thank you @Jimmy Seddon !

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2021

Of course @Pedro Silva Ahh, not a hero, just want you to get your turn. I've had mine already :) Thanks

Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 11, 2021

@Pedro Silva it's your turn for Friday Fun! Here is your link to start your topic and here are the latest topics for reference.  Here is a picture of a platypus:

playtyoo.gif

@Huwen Arnone it looks like Pedro hasn't logged in for a while so GET READY, if a thread doesn't appear in the next 24 hours you can start one! 🎉

Like Huwen Arnone likes this
Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
November 11, 2021

I'm ready and waiting!
giphy

Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
November 12, 2021

It's done now @Monique vdB Here.

giphy-downsized

Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 12, 2021

@Huwen Arnone thanks for jumping in and saving the day!!!

hero.gif

Like Huwen Arnone likes this
Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
November 15, 2021

Anytime @Monique vdB!! That way, I can do better the next one 😅

vikram June 1, 2021

Hi 

Assign me a date

Vikram P

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2021

Hi @vikram!

Currently all dates are full, I'll let you know if we need a last minute fill in, or when we start taking sign ups again.

Thanks!

Michele Snow June 11, 2021

Please let me know, I am new to this and am very much appreciating the discussion threads in the Atlassian Community.

Thanks, Michele

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 30, 2021

@vikram @Michele Snow @Marianna Ole -  I think we are going to need some Friday Fun help today.  Whoever responds first, go for it - Here is your link to start your topic and here are the latest topics for reference.

Thank you for jumping in at the last minute.

Like Marianna Ole likes this
Ben Campbell June 9, 2021

Badge hunting

Marianna Ole July 14, 2021

Hi, @Jimmy Seddon

I'm queueing ;)

Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
August 5, 2021

I'm in! If it's possible 😮

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2021

I want in!

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 23, 2021

Hi @Jimmy Seddon ,

Good Morning.

Is it still available ? If yes, what's the next slot?

Cheers

Suvradip

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2021

Hi @Suvradip Paul!

We aren't doing anymore sign ups until we get closer to February.  However, we sometimes need last minute fill-ins for people who are unable to post a thread on their turn.  I will add you to the list of people in that queue.

Thanks!

-Jimmy

Like Marjorie likes this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 23, 2021

Ok Thanks @Jimmy Seddon . Would there be fresh sign ups and slots allocated after February 2021 and updates would be posted as part of this thread?

Cheers

Suvradip

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2021

Yes @Suvradip Paul there will be a new sign up sheet that will be posted closer to the start of February, with a link to it from this thread.

Thanks!

Like Suvradip Paul likes this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 23, 2021

Thanks Again for your prompt response  @Jimmy Seddon !

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events