Princess Bride: Because it has been 1.03594e+9 seconds since it was released...

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2020

... what is your favorite Princess Bride quote?

I must admit that when I watched Princess Bride for the first time, back in 1990 I think, I wasn’t all that impressed. However, since then it has become one of my all time favorite movies. So, share your favorite – one or more – quote from the movie 😊

P.s. there is also “at home” version that recently “released” -> https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=286510035997706

pb.jpg

9 comments

Comment

Allyson Mays August 6, 2020

"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Like # people like this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2020

"Inconceivable!"

Like # people like this
Chris Wooster August 6, 2020

"Have fun storming the castle!"

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 6, 2020

Inconveivable - that was even funnier because I didn't know what it meant either (English is not my native tongue)

Like Payne likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 6, 2020

Inigo: "You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you."

Man in Black: "You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die."

And of course the classic: "I want my father back, you son of a bitch."

Basically: I love Inigo. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 2.32.52 PM.png

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 6, 2020

Yeah he is the best. So kind and impatient, so he helps the man in black up the cliffs :)

Like Monique vdB likes this
Goodi Poell
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 6, 2020

"Anybody want a peanut?"

Like # people like this
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2020

Appreciating a quote because of covid even more:

“Why do you wear a mask and hood?"
I think everybody will in the near future," was the man in black's reply. "They're terribly comfortable.”

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 6, 2020

Totally @Andy Heinzer   

Lauren Appa August 7, 2020

download.jpeg

Vizzini had the best quotes of the movie IMO -- impressive since he wasn't in it very long:)

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 7, 2020

True, he left quite the mark despite of low "court" time...

Like Lauren Appa likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2020

Growing up my sister and I have always enjoyed reciting our favorite movie quotes to make each other laugh.  For us we always enjoyed the entire start of the wedding ceremony delivered by the priest.

mawwiage.jpeg

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2020

This movie has so many brilliant parts and quotes. Thanks for sharing - the mawwiage part is awesome!

Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2020

There is/was a Princess Bride themed popup bar in Chicago earlier this year. Inconceivable! https://www.lonelyplanet.com/articles/princess-bride-popup-bar-chicago

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2020

Sweet! 

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2020

I live in Chicago and was lucky enough to get in before the pandemic shut down its already abbreviated run.

Like # people like this
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2020

giphy

I was in high school when the movie came out, had a huge laugh at this, because the little boy I babysat for would always ask this when I would read him bedtime stories.

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2020

Awesome. HAve you see the "home" version yet?

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 11, 2020

Hey @Esther Strom  Silly question but how do you embed gif's in posts?

Do you paste a URL to the gif or ?

Thanks, KGM

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 11, 2020

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen - I have not seen the new version yet! I've heard about it, but am not sure where to find it (and haven't really spent any time trying.) Maybe this weekend.

To embed a gif, treat it like any other image - click the Camera icon (Insert Photos) in the icon bar, and then choose URL instead of Upload. 

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 11, 2020

Sweet, thank you.

There is also “at home” version that recently “released” and I think is fun -> https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=286510035997706

Like Esther Strom likes this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 30, 2020

I picked up a line from it that I try to use with my wife ... "as you wish".  It fell on deaf ears for many years until my daughters finally convinced her to watch the movie with them and it all made sense!?!?!?! :-P

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events