Poll apps for Slack

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 12, 2020

Since the demise of HipChat and Stride and the endorsement from Atlassian when they announced their strategic partnership many of us use Slack to team messaging.

Until now we have been using free poll apps but it might be time to invest in something with some bells and whistles. 

• Simple Poll was great but there is a limit in the number of polls per month which we started to reach
  • Polly is great especially being able to set up weekly polls but the free version only shows the first 10 poll responses

In writing this discussion I stumbled upon a nifty idea by the Slack team that does not require an app:

Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 3.32.10 PM.png

Let's discuss!

• What sort of polls do you run?
  • What app/s to you use for team polls?
  • What features do you like to have for your polls?

4 comments

Comment

Lenin Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

We use Polly but I really like the idea of using emojis. That's cool 🙂

Emily Koch
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2020

Emoji reactions when there are certain choices to decide between are great, especially when people might want to select more than one option. 🙂But if you needed something where you could only vote once, I can see where an app would help. Having both is something that I'd hope a good app could handle.

Outside of Slack, or when I talk to people who don't use a calendar app, sometimes I'll link people to a site called Doodle instead of a poll to figure out scheduling. It's all schedule-focused, so not so great if you're looking for anything that isn't a date or time, but it still comes in handy!

Like Shawn Kessler likes this
Jason H
Atlassian Team
January 16, 2020

The nice thing about your emoji approach is that people can only vote for each option once.

Shawn Kessler
Atlassian Team
February 6, 2020

Emojis are great for quick and easy poll results. We use them all the time for our team. This usually does the job, and we have not found the need for an app yet.

Like Emily Koch likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events