Need Jira - which flavour?, On prem/cloud?, portfolio/jira software? :(

Hi everyone,

I have been tasked to have Jira installed at my client's office, and I need to know the 'system, infrastructure, team and other requirements' before I can move forward. Could someone lead me to the right place?

Thank you,

Sri

1 comment

Hi @Srikanth SV

Here I want to explain the available Jira "flavours" as simple as possible:

• Jira Core is just plain simple Jira. Our favourite issue tracker with great collaboration and workflow capabilities. :)
  • Jira Software is Jira Core with Kanban and Scrum boards, and a few other features for more structured working. This is very important for software development teams as well other teams working with Scrum or Kanban.
  • Jira Service Desk ads a Customer Portal and a few communication features to Jira to use it as helpdesk / service portal for your customers.

Portfolio is just an add-on for Jira, a agile roadmapping tool. Enabling you to plan in Portfolios, if your client needs to work an agile way.

If you want Server (on prem) or Cloud also depends on your requirements.
Maybe Pros and Cons of Cloud vs. Server can help you make a decision.

Cheers
Niklas

Comment

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Friday in Off-topic

Friday Friday Friday! What are you listening to at work today?

Folks, I’ll be honest. My Friday-workday playlist has become a bit stale. What do YOU listen to at work on Fridays? Feed me your suggestions! I might even blog about it… 😉

78 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you