Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Jira - which flavour?, On prem/cloud?, portfolio/jira software? :(

Srikanth SV June 18, 2018

Hi everyone,

I have been tasked to have Jira installed at my client's office, and I need to know the 'system, infrastructure, team and other requirements' before I can move forward. Could someone lead me to the right place?

Thank you,

Sri

1 comment

Comment

Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2018

Hi @Srikanth SV

Here I want to explain the available Jira "flavours" as simple as possible:

• Jira Core is just plain simple Jira. Our favourite issue tracker with great collaboration and workflow capabilities. :)
  • Jira Software is Jira Core with Kanban and Scrum boards, and a few other features for more structured working. This is very important for software development teams as well other teams working with Scrum or Kanban.
  • Jira Service Desk ads a Customer Portal and a few communication features to Jira to use it as helpdesk / service portal for your customers.

Portfolio is just an add-on for Jira, a agile roadmapping tool. Enabling you to plan in Portfolios, if your client needs to work an agile way.

If you want Server (on prem) or Cloud also depends on your requirements.
Maybe Pros and Cons of Cloud vs. Server can help you make a decision.

Cheers
Niklas

Jihad_Abdulrazaq October 7, 2020

Hello Dear @Sloan N_ B_

We as a company in telecom industry want to use your software (confluence + Jira), initially for IT department in BSS (Business Support System), but our concern is we are not sure which flavor of Jira is best suit with our current workflow, our current PLC (project lifecycle is uploaded here, so you can better help us to decide, we get request from marketing department for a new project and we will check the feasibility from IT side then go to implementation take place by different teams from IT, We have below status actually:

Feasibility-->Implementation-->UAT-->Launch preparation-->Launched

it will be sequentially..

I sent email for this but I got no answer,

please your support..

PLC1.PNGPLC2.PNG

Best Regards,

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events