Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Miscellaneous Monday – Your Life's Theme Song? 🎵🎤🎸🎧

Summer.Hogan Community Leader Dec 12, 2022

Happy Monday everyone! Even though I really needed a day between Sunday and Monday, we have arrived again at Monday! 

I love music! I was a record store the other day and it got me thinking about life and I thought to myself, if my life had a theme song what would it be? There are so many to choose from, but I settled on one and that is “I’m Still Standing” by Elton John. Now I know this song is about surviving a broken romance, but I survived my spouse passing away, which is somewhat related and it is what I am reminded about when I hear this song. The thing I am most proud of is that I came back from his death and grief even stronger than I was before and I think I am a better person now after having gone through that experience. 

So, if your life had a theme song, what would it be and why? If you aren’t sure, maybe take one of the many quizzes on the internet and see if the song it says is one that you would have thought of: 

I hope you all have a great week!

8 comments

Hi @Summer_Hogan 

So sorry to hear about your spouse passing, and I'm glad you found the courage to overcome this. I would only assume that this would require a huge amounts of strength. You are indeed strong.

If my life had a theme most likely it would be the composition by Philip Glass violin concert 2nd movement. A composition that is minimalistic, yet evolving over time. It is sad is most of its parts, but full of growing emotions and changes. Now, I'll take you back to the first time I heard it on youtube, and the top comment, which read (and I totally relate to):

If the world was ending I could see myself drinking a glass of whiskey while listening to this song. 

For sure I can tell you that I could see myself doing the above, but I would now hold closely my daughter and wife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsioM3GaAAY

And I'll add one more, just because I miss music: Clint Mansell's Death is the road to awe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3skXjCmvVc

Again beautifully "simple" and repetitive, but yet so complex full of emotion sickness. Sad, powerful, exhilarating. Amazing! 

Like # people like this

I love these @Alex Koxaras _Relational_! Such wonderful music! I truly appreciate you sharing these and thanks for the condolences! This is typically how life is; sad and full of emotions, but changes over time from happy to sad and back and forth so great reference there! 

Like # people like this
John Funk Community Leader Dec 12, 2022

Thanks @Summer_Hogan  for sharing something so personal. And glad the Lord has seen fit to bring you through that even stronger! 

For me, it would be the simplicity of Amazing Grace. 

I love the Carrie Underwood version here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tae3rpIvpg

Like # people like this

Great rendition @John Funk! Love it! 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone Community Leader Dec 12, 2022

@Summer_Hogan thank you for sharing such a personal and intimate detail about your life with us. I have read your contributions, answers and questions and it gives me another perspective of your greatness.

I have never thought of my life's 'theme song' and prefer not to have an online bot tell me what it is. I have a few songs that I retreat to when I am feeling particularly low and need to hear something that can help me through the emotions of the moment. I wouldn't call them my theme songs though - even though I am drawn to them.

You've got the gears moving in my head though, maybe when it hits me I'll post it.

Thank you.

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan Community Leader Dec 13, 2022

Thanks for the kind words @Andy Gladstone! We all have those songs we need to get by. That's what is great about music! Sure, let me know what it is if it comes to you! 

Sorry to read that you lost your spouse, @Summer_Hogan  My condolences. Glad you have become a stronger person through this. It is so easy to cave and become bitter and "why me?!" I know I often struggle with that. Sorry.

Oh, I don't know. I know I aspire to things and probably see myself in another light than others. I like a lot of Bon Jovi's songs. "Living on a prayer" is a good one. The endless optimism and fight:

Woah, we're halfway there
Woah-oh, livin' on a prayer
Take my hand, we'll make it I swear
Woah-oh, livin' on a prayer, livin' on a prayer

Have a great day, @Summer_Hogan !

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan Community Leader Dec 14, 2022

Thanks for the condolences @Kristján Geir Mathiesen and yes, it is easy to fall into that trap! I love your song though! That's a good one! I love Bon Jovi too! Thanks for responding and have a great day! 

Sajit Nair Community Leader Dec 21, 2022

Thank you for sharing Summer..
For me I'd say..

Rolling Stones -
"You can't always get what you want..
but if you try sometime, you'll find.. you get what you need. "

Merry Christmas and Happy new year to everyone

Like Summer.Hogan likes this
Summer.Hogan Community Leader Dec 22, 2022

Great one @Sajit Nair - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too! 

Thanks for sharing this @Summer_Hogan 

I think my life's theme song would be 'Dance for the hell of it' by Lova. I found this song only last year and the reason I resonated with it so much is that I haven't felt like I fit in anywhere for a big part my life (especially as a teen) but I still keep on going (or maybe dancing), searching for my place in the world. Because dancing has been the outlet to release my emotions for years. Whether I'm happy, sad or angry. Moving your body to music is always good. And this song is a good one to vibe to. 

Like # people like this

Thanks for sharing this @Johanna Pichotka_APTIS_ ! I think we all experience this in life where we just have to keep on going! Happy New Year to you! I hope it is a year of a lot of dancing for you and I hope you find your place in the world soon! 

Like Johanna Pichotka_APTIS_ likes this

Thank you @Summer_Hogan ! Happy new year to you too! 

Hello and happy new year to everyone!!!

Thanks for sharing your LTSongs!! For me is "Man in the mirror" . Always trying to change things for better! Hope this will be the best year of our lives for you all.

XOXO

Summer.Hogan Community Leader Jan 05, 2023

Thanks @Heydi Menéndez! That is a good one! Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year to you as well! 

Hello all! Beautiful history and great song @Summer_Hogan !
For me, it would be the Brazilian song "Sê valente" by Marcos Almeida, which means "Be brave".
That we all be brave and happy in 2023! :D

Comment

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events