Miscellaneous Monday – Your Life's Theme Song? 🎡🎀🎸🎧

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2022

Happy Monday everyone! Even though I really needed a day between Sunday and Monday, we have arrived again at Monday! 

I love music! I was a record store the other day and it got me thinking about life and I thought to myself, if my life had a theme song what would it be? There are so many to choose from, but I settled on one and that is β€œI’m Still Standing” by Elton John. Now I know this song is about surviving a broken romance, but I survived my spouse passing away, which is somewhat related and it is what I am reminded about when I hear this song. The thing I am most proud of is that I came back from his death and grief even stronger than I was before and I think I am a better person now after having gone through that experience. 

So, if your life had a theme song, what would it be and why? If you aren’t sure, maybe take one of the many quizzes on the internet and see if the song it says is one that you would have thought of: 

I hope you all have a great week!

15 comments

Comment

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2022

Hi @Summer_Hogan 

So sorry to hear about your spouse passing, and I'm glad you found the courage to overcome this. I would only assume that this would require a huge amounts of strength. You are indeed strong.

If my life had a theme most likely it would be the composition by Philip Glass violin concert 2nd movement. A composition that is minimalistic, yet evolving over time. It is sad is most of its parts, but full of growing emotions and changes. Now, I'll take you back to the first time I heard it on youtube, and the top comment, which read (and I totally relate to):

If the world was ending I could see myself drinking a glass of whiskey while listening to this song. 

For sure I can tell you that I could see myself doing the above, but I would now hold closely my daughter and wife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsioM3GaAAY

And I'll add one more, just because I miss music: Clint Mansell's Death is the road to awe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3skXjCmvVc

Again beautifully "simple" and repetitive, but yet so complex full of emotion sickness. Sad, powerful, exhilarating. Amazing! 

Like β€’ # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 12, 2022

I love these @Alex Koxaras _Relational_! Such wonderful music! I truly appreciate you sharing these and thanks for the condolences! This is typically how life is; sad and full of emotions, but changes over time from happy to sad and back and forth so great reference there! 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 12, 2022

Thanks @Summer_Hogan  for sharing something so personal. And glad the Lord has seen fit to bring you through that even stronger! 

For me, it would be the simplicity of Amazing Grace. 

I love the Carrie Underwood version here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tae3rpIvpg

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 12, 2022

Great rendition @John Funk! Love it! 

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 12, 2022

@Summer_Hogan thank you for sharing such a personal and intimate detail about your life with us. I have read your contributions, answers and questions and it gives me another perspective of your greatness.

I have never thought of my life's 'theme song' and prefer not to have an online bot tell me what it is. I have a few songs that I retreat to when I am feeling particularly low and need to hear something that can help me through the emotions of the moment. I wouldn't call them my theme songs though - even though I am drawn to them.

You've got the gears moving in my head though, maybe when it hits me I'll post it.

Thank you.

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2022

Thanks for the kind words @Andy Gladstone! We all have those songs we need to get by. That's what is great about music! Sure, let me know what it is if it comes to you! 

KristjΓ‘n Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2022

Sorry to read that you lost your spouse, @Summer_Hogan  My condolences. Glad you have become a stronger person through this. It is so easy to cave and become bitter and "why me?!" I know I often struggle with that. Sorry.

Oh, I don't know. I know I aspire to things and probably see myself in another light than others. I like a lot of Bon Jovi's songs. "Living on a prayer" is a good one. The endless optimism and fight:

Woah, we're halfway there
Woah-oh, livin' on a prayer
Take my hand, we'll make it I swear
Woah-oh, livin' on a prayer, livin' on a prayer

Have a great day, @Summer_Hogan !

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 14, 2022

Thanks for the condolences @KristjΓ‘n Geir Mathiesen and yes, it is easy to fall into that trap! I love your song though! That's a good one! I love Bon Jovi too! Thanks for responding and have a great day! 

Like β€’ KristjΓ‘n Geir Mathiesen likes this
Sajit Nair
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2022

Thank you for sharing Summer..
For me I'd say..

Rolling Stones -
"You can't always get what you want..
but if you try sometime, you'll find.. you get what you need. "

Merry Christmas and Happy new year to everyone

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 22, 2022

Great one @Sajit Nair - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too! 

Johanna Pichotka_APTIS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 27, 2022

Thanks for sharing this @Summer_Hogan 

I think my life's theme song would be 'Dance for the hell of it' by Lova. I found this song only last year and the reason I resonated with it so much is that I haven't felt like I fit in anywhere for a big part my life (especially as a teen) but I still keep on going (or maybe dancing), searching for my place in the world. Because dancing has been the outlet to release my emotions for years. Whether I'm happy, sad or angry. Moving your body to music is always good. And this song is a good one to vibe to. 

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2023

Thanks for sharing this @Johanna Pichotka_APTIS_ ! I think we all experience this in life where we just have to keep on going! Happy New Year to you! I hope it is a year of a lot of dancing for you and I hope you find your place in the world soon! 

Like β€’ Johanna Pichotka_APTIS_ likes this
Johanna Pichotka_APTIS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 5, 2023

Thank you @Summer_Hogan ! Happy new year to you too! 

Like β€’ Summer_Hogan likes this
Heydi MenΓ©ndez January 2, 2023

Hello and happy new year to everyone!!!

Thanks for sharing your LTSongs!! For me is "Man in the mirror" . Always trying to change things for better! Hope this will be the best year of our lives for you all.

XOXO

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2023

Thanks @Heydi MenΓ©ndez! That is a good one! Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year to you as well! 

Carol Lage January 9, 2023

Hello all! Beautiful history and great song @Summer_Hogan !
For me, it would be the Brazilian song "SΓͺ valente" by Marcos Almeida, which means "Be brave".
That we all be brave and happy in 2023! :D

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2023

@Carol Lage - I watched this song on YouTube! So beautiful! Thanks for sharing! 

Tommy Augustine February 2, 2023

My theme would be a cross between Circus music and the Looney Toons theme song. My life is not planned -- it's more reactive, so when I constantly adapt and overcome, I deliver results, but how I did it is often comical. I.T.: The Reward is the Journey!

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2023

Love it! Thanks for sharing @Tommy Augustine ! I think we all feel this way sometimes! 

Like β€’ Tommy Augustine likes this
Abhay Gupta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2023

I have been very fortunate to be blessed with great friends, always there to dance & share drinks during joys, and standing with you during the tough times. I love this Hindi song - "Diye Jalte Hain, Phool Khilte Hain, Badi mushkil se magar duniya mein dost milte hain", which translates to "The candles burn, the flowers bloom, but you do not find friends this easy".

Listen here - Diye Jalte Hain | Amitabh Bachchan, Rajesh Khanna | Namak Haraam | Full 4K Video Song - YouTube

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 9, 2023

That's a lovely song @Abhay Gupta 

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 20, 2023

On my side there are a lot of songs...each related to a specific time in my life. Currenlty, my favourite song is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aeETEoNfOg

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 9, 2023

That's a good one @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ - thanks for sharing! 

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2023

It's from a Canadian artist, but "Dancing on My Own Ground" by Gowan. And "Crystal Ball" by Styx

Markku Miettunen April 14, 2023

Thanks for sharing this @Summer_Hogan 

My theme song would definitely be Calling you from the film Bagdad Cafe. It really brings me memories of the dear ones who are no more with us. 

Like β€’ Andy Gladstone likes this
Chris K
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 14, 2023

Ready from Kodaline is a song that helped my through a rough time in the past. This song is an absolute motivator on not giving up.

Here are my favorite lyrics:

Yeah it's kinda crazy
Yeah it's kinda dumb
Never let the pressure overpower the fun

Yeah I'm sure your parents might be saying it to you
Follow what you love and you will love what you do
Never let the pressure tell you that you're not
Capable of being everything that you want

We fall (we fall down)
If you fall (we fall down)
If you fall down hard I'll be ready to crawl

And
I'm ready
I'm ready for it
I'm ready
I'm ready for it
I'm ready
I'm ready for it
All

@Summer_Hogan I also love I'm still Standing. My wife and I will visit Elton John next month in cologne on his farewell tour. I am already really excited for it :)

Greetings Chris

Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2023

Awesome Lyrics 

Markus FredΓ©n
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 5, 2023

Apparently my life theme song is "Only the Good Die Young- Billy Joel" but I've never heard it...

Like β€’ Andy Gladstone likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events