Miscellaneous Monday - YouTube Guilty Pleasure

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2022

Okay, let’s face it, we have all spent way too much time on YouTube (TikTok more recently for some) at some point- mezmorized by an inane group of videos on various subjects.

So what’s your current guilty pleasure on YouTube?

Mine is #khabaylame - the guy who shows a simple solution to otherwise over engineered ideas. Here’s an example: https://youtu.be/smIkxzIu2vo

What’s yours?!?!

38 comments

Comment

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2022

@John Funk this is a safe place right???

I cannot remember when I came across this channel last year, but it mesmerized me. This YouTuber goes around filming himself unblocking road drains and culverts. I once heard that man is drawn to water because that is where we came from in utero. it’s supposed to be calming and take us back to a time of bliss. Perhaps that is the source of my fascination - but I just can’t not watch when he posts a new video. 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2022

Of course! And that’s pretty fascinating!

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2022

This person is a LEGEND! Best YouTuber out there. It is not just great media, he is doing great work!!
Gave him a shout out above even Ozzy Man Reviews and Uncle Roger!! 🤯

It's also mind blowing that one person can achieve this, but a local council or government, whose job it is to clear this up, can not. 🤔 🙇
Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 06.44.29.png

Like # people like this
Andy - Urban Gorilla Boy May 22, 2022

For as long as there as been YouTube, my personal guilty pleasure as always been one of a paranormal nature...! 👻 😱

Way back in '07 Ghost Adventures crew came to life in a big way with their insane paranormal independent movie on the Sci-Fi channel, which, because many did not have access, found its way to YouTube. Huzzah!
Come 2008 and their full series launched on the Travel Channel and again, no easy access so lots of YouTube.
Nowadays though it's all on Discovery+ and they're doing a good job of limiting YT uploads and I have a D+ subscription; BUT...

That doesn't matter! Because it has given rise to a monster generation of paranormal hunters uploading some of the most insane stuff I've ever seen; and really high quality. There are literally thousands of channels out there dedicated to the craft of ghost hunting, paranormal investigations and more. And how do I stay on top of it all??

NUKE'S TOP 5 of course!!! Boom💥👻 I never, ever miss an episode, and have watched every at least thrice!

ghost.gif

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2022

Haha - that stuff freaks me out - but you enjoy it!  ;-)

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2022

Me too actually John, but I just can't resist! 😂

Like # people like this
Darline Auguste
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 23, 2022

My partner recently shared the Kitboga Show channel with me and now it's a guilty pleasure. This guy pretends to be an elderly woman, chatting with scammers to waste their time and frustrate them. It's sad to hear the kinds of threats scammers make but informative and hopefully helpful to potential victims.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2022

That's awesome! Someone here at work was talking about that the other day. I definitely need to check that out!

Like # people like this
Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2022

Omg, same I love KItboga. 

Like # people like this
Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2022

Linus Tech Tips, I don't get bored of this guy and his crew.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2022

That sounds like it would be VERY helpful!

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2022

@Sloan N_ B_ they have gotten a bit "look at how much money I can throw at this" but still a good channel!

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2022

I tend to really focus on specific topics and then start going down the rabbit hole on those.

Channels I've really liked/like over the years are:

Things like micro-soldering (watching a guy thru a microscope solder things) and repair stuff: Louis Rossmann 

or food challlenges like Beard meets food but the one I always tend to go back to are my DIY channels.

Some of my favorite ones are I like to make stuff and HackSmith 

Oh and coffee.. James Hoffmann   

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2022

Yeah, it seems like most people heading down the rabbit holes have to do with DIY topics.  I have used YouTube videos for multiple projects around the house and car.  AND, I tend to watch more videos than I really need to fix the thing.  ;-)

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2022

I like motorcycles and cars so I tend to watch channels where they are working on or reviewing motorcycles or cars.  I really enjoy watching bikes and beards because the individuals on the show are pretty funny.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2022

Bikes and beards - that sounds very interesting!!

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 23, 2022

My guilty pleasure is Marcel Vos, a Dutch YouTuber who makes videos about Roller Coaster Tycoon, a game that is over 20 years old.  But it has a good Android app! Ah, the nostalgia.... 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2022

That's really cool! I had no idea something like this even existed. 

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2022

Goed zo! He is a totally "toppie" vlogger, and RCT is potentially the BEST game of all time.

I have no idea how my crummy laptop was able to run RCT2 back in '02... but it did! I used to cause so much carnage....

Nice memories. Happy days!

giphy.gif

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2022

His Longest 10x10 video is an obvious favourite...

Like # people like this
Elizabeth Barr
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2022

Cute and heartwarming animal videos from The Dodo. ALL THE FEELS!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2022

Ah! I wondered when we would get our first animal videos.  :-)

Like # people like this
Elizabeth Barr
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2022

YES

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2022

It's hard to top those!!

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2022

I'm addicted to quality Atlassian Community Events recorded content... like:

Rotterdam and Delhi-Gurgaon and Quiz Wiz and so many more....!!!

#biased 😉

Amazaballz_FMA_ii.gif

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2022

Well done, sir!!

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2022

ACE on-demand all the way!

Like Fun Man Andy likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2022

There are two things that I use YouTube for:

• DIY - trying to figure out how to fix something or build something or craft something
  • Woodworking – I love looking at what others are creating and how they are creating it. I subscribe to several channels: Jonathan Katz-Moses, Bourbon Moth, 3x3, Four Eyes
Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2022

If I had to make a bet before knowing, I would have chosen those topics for you, Jack.  :-)

Like # people like this
Mike Clarke
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2022

One channel I've been hooked on for some time now is The Kiffness

Super talented dude out of South Africa doing mashups with other artists and animals etc across the interwebs.

The first video that caught me was this 

Then his amazing cat co-labs 

Check it out and say goooodbye to a few hours - in a good way!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2022

Awesome! I might have to start my work mornings with one of these each day!

Like # people like this
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
May 24, 2022

@John Funk , thanks for sharing #khabaylame . Really loved the video you shared above. Actually my favourites keep changing so no particular preference but I watch a lot of stand up comedies on youtube. Fluffy and some Indian comedy shows. But I would definitely keep an eye on #khabaylame. :) 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2022

Great! I hope that brightened your day a little. And the good thing with him is that you don't have to know a particular language.  

Like # people like this
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
May 25, 2022

@John Funk , yes . I really loved his expressions. What a good start of the day!

Like # people like this
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2022

Ciao @John Funk ,

#khabaylame is really fun and I usually watch his videos. Btw, best channel ever is Jalals (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcf0WYfeIkecTLQ_GzkBu1w) ... videos are incredible and make me laugh.

Like # people like this
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
May 26, 2022

Jalals pranks are really scary. 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2022

I definitely like pranks! But maybe not scare ones ;-)

Like # people like this
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
May 26, 2022

@John Funk , then you might want to unsubscribe to Jalals :)

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2022

hahaha

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2022

Great topic @John Funk!

One of my favorites is Mann Shorts, these guys turn various situations/scenarios into a Dungeons & Dragons game.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2022

Haha - that sounds like quite a feat!

Like # people like this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
May 30, 2022

I personally like watching the series of A day in the life of ___

Like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQG6jYy9xto

To have a peek of what other jobs are looking like.

Especially this channel, the host is not bragging about how flexible or amazing the work env it is, but offering the details and comparison of the job function, which is very interesting.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 30, 2022

That looks really great!

Like # people like this
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
May 30, 2022

@Darryl Lee  interesting Channel. I will check out there videos on weekends. 

Like # people like this
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2022

I recently came across this Carpet Cleaning Video which made me to check 1 video of carpet cleaning by professionals Daily, I don't know why 😆

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NK1q9pI50U&t=14s

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2022

Haha - that's very random!

Like # people like this
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 18, 2022

I've been binge watching highlights from Maradona when he was playing in Napoli and Barcelona. Small clips on all his touches at a full game.  

Since he past away all these highlights pop up on my feed.

Like # people like this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2022

My guilty pleasure is a guy from Frankfurt called Held der Steine ("Hero of the stones" selling all kinds of brick construction toys in his store and reviewing them (e.g., Lego, BlueBrixx, Cada, Mega Construx). 😄

https://www.youtube.com/c/HeldderSteine/videos

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2022

That's neat stuff!

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2022

This is just a test associated with Kudos tally SW

https://youtu.be/L5Pz-lZjhEo

Like # people like this
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
July 9, 2022

These posts are just increasing my time on Youtube !! 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 9, 2022

Haha - yes, I think I might have created a monster with this post. 😊

Like # people like this
Jonathan V. July 20, 2022

For me, it's drone videos. I love seeing new ways to shoot content using a drone, which gives amazing new perspectives.

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 24, 2022

I do have to admit I watched an awful lot of the Johnny show during the trial.

Like # people like this
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2022

I will never stop finding this hilarious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gywLHouAUTQ 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2022

Funny stuff!!!

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2022

It's true, I still go to youtube to listen to music.  Then I get sick of the digital sound and go to vinyl.
Monster Truck Golden Women 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2022

I still Youtube for various music as well.  :-)

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2022

I love watching movie trailers for new movies and music video's on youtube, but my guilty pleasure is definitely Honest Trailers by Screen Junkies - https://www.youtube.com/c/screenjunkies ! They are hilarious and so honest! 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2022

Looks like loads of fun!!

Like # people like this
Jonathan V. July 28, 2022

@Summer_Hogan Trailers are a great way to spend some time lol, but I definitely enjoy going down the rabbit hole of Music Videos. I start with one, and 3 hours later I've played all the music under the sun LOL

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events