Miscellaneous Monday - You Uncultured Swine!

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2018

Happy Monday my friends! A is for ART!

Have you tried Google's Arts and Culture app [android] [iOS]? I've been addicted since they debuted it, and thought that I'd share some of its coolest features with you today. Why? Because who doesn't need a little distraction to break up their Monday?

1. HD/VR views of iconic museums and art pieces.

Ever wanted to explore the Louvre but can't afford to visit France? Here's your chance to do it with a cardboard box and a smart phone.

2. COLOR collections!

Guys, this is satisfying on a whole other level. You can select color palettes and find art that matches your chosen scheme. 

2018-08-27_8-55-45.png

3. Facial recognition matching to a large art database. Find your art doppelganger!

The facial recognition can be hit or miss depending on on the quality of your photo and the tilt of your face, but it's really funny to flip through your photos and see how absurd (or accurate) your matches can be. 

2018-08-27_8-45-57.png

I want you to share your art doppelganger below, or if you're shy, post some of your favorite works/artists in the comments below. Have an amazing week, everyone!

9 comments

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Post a new discussion

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2018

Oh I have to try this!

BTW...file this in under the Law of Unintended Consequences: If you're interested in the history of the paining "Portrait of Charlot Pálfiová" or want to see what it looks like you  may want  to do a Google image search of the title. You'll find that the actual images of the painting are slowly but surely being preempted by side-by-side images of people who, according to this app, bear a resemblance to Ms. Pálfiová and the model herself.

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2018

@Scott Theus- that's hilarious. Love how this app is intended to bring awareness to art and open it up for anyone to see, and our culture has co-opted it for selfies.

Damn millenials ruin everything :P hahahaa

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2018

I think the facial recognition algorithms are fairly accurate...It picked this one three times in a row. (Right down to the bags under my eyes....I need to get a better night's sleep, apparently.)

image1.jpeg

Like Deleted user likes this
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2018

Uncanny! Matched you down to the glasses! I have varying degrees of matching, so apparently I'm a lizard person who is also a shape-shifter. 

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2018
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2018

@Scott Theus- 12 million people... is this real life?

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2018

It's just a conspiracy theory...totally based in fiction...forget I said anything...that Roddy Piper movie WAS NOT a documentary...

They Live.JPG

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2018

@Scott Theus That movie is freaky. I still can't get get over it. 

twelve. million. people. 

Every time I ask myself why the things in the world are happening, I'm going to remind myself that literally tens of millions of people think the government is controlled by lizard people. 

If anyone here believes in government lizard people, I apologize for my insensitivity. 

Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2018

I think Google is trying to tell me I need more sleep!  Or that I have wishfull thinking written all over my face. 🤣

Screenshot_20180827-145446_Arts & Culture.jpg

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2018

@Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_ - I'm pretty sure your childhood portrait is in a museum in New York. Just saying. 

Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2018

oh? wonder which one. :-)

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2018

I tried multiple times and kept getting this dude. Apparently my head looks like the head of a man. Phew!

HAEIlwb8h_nLMQ_1535403156229.jpg

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2018

@Davin Studer 

I'm starting to think you'd look really tough with a handlebar mustache. 

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2018

I totally look like that guy now ... and also super tough. ; )

your-picture.png

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2018

Day made @Davin Studer

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 27, 2018

Facial recognition matching is not available in Germany... 

That‘s the punishment for getting so much trouble with Street View in Germany :-)

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2018

@Thomas Schlegel - Tell Germany to stop misbehaving!

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2018

@Meg Holbrook Aye Aye, Mylady :-)

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2018

So sad that facial recognition is not available in Germany - maybe we have to make our own research for our art doppelganger.

One of my favorite artists is M. C. Escher - and his pics with impossible figures

love the brainf*** it makes with you the longer you look on it

mcescher-clipart-ruler-8

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 29, 2018

Yes! His work is amazing. I think my favorite part of these are that at first glance, they're so simple, but like you said it just emerges the longer you look. 

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2018

One of my favourite artists is Neo Rauch. I love his mysterious, story-telling, tremendous paintings.

I don't post an example here, don't want to get into copyright-trouble, but you can find his paintings easily with google.

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 30, 2018

@Thomas Schlegel - his use of color is amazing! I love how bold his art is. 

Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 29, 2018

Ehh I'd say we could be related. What do you guys think?

IMG_EC0BAD035F58-2.jpeg

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 30, 2018

Definitely a close cousin. 

Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 30, 2018

Haha! Thanks. Hopefully, I don't see my doppelganger in person.

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2018

The color collections look really awesome! I definitely have to try the app! :D Thank @Meg Holbrook

Deleted user August 5, 2019

I haven't seen this before.  Thanks for sharing!

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Post a new discussion

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events