cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miscellaneous Monday - You Get a Gold Star

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2019

Happy Monday and more importantly, HAPPY FEBRUARY!

This week, I'd like to challenge you to get into the community love spirit by doing two things: 

- Share one thing you accomplished last week (so we can all shower you with appreciation)

- Link an article here that has helped you and tag the person who wrote the article. 

tenor

LAST WEEK: I implemented a new mobile app for mortgage origination within my company. It's been one hell of a ride, but talk about relief that this phase of my project is over!

Article that has helped me: @Jack Brickey wrote a wonderful piece (Of which I was just the 2000th view apparently) which is a wonderful guide for new admins and users that will give you answers to some of your burning start up questions. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-articles/Frequently-Asked-Questions-for-Jira-Service-Desk-AKA-JSD-FAQ/ba-p/943710

2 comments

Comment

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2019

Good article Meg!

Last week I now have the frame built for my base cabinet that will house my sanding station....oh wait...maybe you meant more closely associated w/ work. ;-) In that case:

• I completed a pricing proposal for an OBDC logistics opportunity for 720K units annually
  • I designed a new dashboard for our internal logistics software application which my engineer is now implementing
  • I put the finishing touches on an on-boarding solution leveraging JSW, JSD and two add-ons (checklist and automation)
  • oh and I engaged in a few dozen Community question

I'm trying to ease into 2019! ;-)

Article that has helped me: Many moons ago @Maarten Cautreels wrote a series of Becoming a Jira Search Ninja that helped me in my early days and I still reference from time to time. If you haven't consumed them I highly recommend doing so.

Like # people like this
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2019

@Jack Brickey - even if your accomplishment last week was putting on real pants five days in a row - who am I to diminish your accomplishments? 

I'm gonna go ahead and give your list the gold star and a  "whoop. there it is"

whoop-there-it-is

Thank you for sharing and hurray @Maarten Cautreels for a super helpful article!

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2019

It's almost like you picked this topic so I could brag in a public forum about getting all of our humans into Slack. 😉 But I really am proud of that project because it was a team effort, it pushed me out of my comfort zone and gave us a chance to get everyone in the same space. On a personal level, I stood outside in 20-degree temps for an hour-and-a-half, so I could see Ben Platt and hear his new music, which was super rewarding for me.

From an article perspective, I'm super into this post that @Brittany Joiner wrote for the Trello blog about how to build systems and processes in Trello that help you tackle both short- and long-term goals. Here in the Community, I was blown away by @Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California)'s detailed post about getting started with Confluence.

Like # people like this
_Fabian A. Lopez February 5, 2019

@Erica Moss thanks! and I hope it really helps new users building their own learning path.

Like # people like this
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2019

You are a magical human being, and I appreciate you times a millionty. Quite the undertaking and I think for all the chaos - it's going SUPER well!

You're crazy though for standing in the vortex of all that is cold and miserable... Just saying. 

Also - @_Fabian A. Lopez is a superhero. 

Like Erica Moss likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events